General set proposals

dorkjackson

Re: General set proposals

Post by dorkjackson »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:32 am
Claudia body works brilliantly for a Doomsday Jackie. They could use the Romana 2 body to make her Journeys end look.
My dream 3 packs for next year would be...

Companions of the first doctor.. Ian, Susan and Barbara.

Friends of the 10th Doctor
Jackie, Wilf and Jackson Lake

Unit modern era : Unit Solider in red cap, Osgood and Kate Stuart.

Although I would also want...

Companions of the 5th Dr with Tegan, Adric and Nessa. (Imagine how colourful this would look!)

And I would really love a Liz Shaw if they could include her in another unit themed set or a possible Companions of the third Dr...I was surprised to see we had a peloadon 3rd Dr era Sarah in the latest set...this makes me think we won't be getting a companions of the third Dr set for the time being.
I think it was more just a case of that being the only viable repaint they could do for Sarah Jane if they were already forking out for a new head and PVC wrap for Romana I than any indication that they won't be producing a Third Doctor companion set.

As the last companion of the 70's yet to be released and a very viable basis for a body reuse (Jo Grant turtleneck mini dress and go-go boots = Liz's Silurians outfit) I'd have said Liz was one of the most likely companions we're going to see in the near future.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 am
TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Claudia body works brilliantly for a Doomsday Jackie. They could use the Romana 2 body to make her Journeys end look.

Companions of the 5th Dr with Tegan, Adric and Nessa. (Imagine how colourful this would look!)

And I would really love a Liz Shaw if they could include her in another unit themed set or a possible Companions of the third Dr...I was surprised to see we had a peloadon 3rd Dr era Sarah in the latest set...this makes me think we won't be getting a companions of the third Dr set for the time being.
I think it was more just a case of that being the only viable repaint they could do for Sarah Jane if they were already forking out for a new head and PVC wrap for Romana I than any indication that they won't be producing a Third Doctor companion set.

As the last companion of the 70's yet to be released and a very viable basis for a body reuse (Jo Grant turtleneck mini dress and go-go boots = Liz's Silurians outfit) I'd have said Liz was one of the most likely companions we're going to see in the near future.
Romana I doesn't have a new head - it ws stated a while back it was tweaked hair sitting differently.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

the curls on her hair seem to be in exactly the same places to my eye, so I'm not sure why people thought it was a new sculpt

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Her forehead looks smaller on the new figure. So, they have just moved the hair? Looks like a new head to me.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

At the very least the hair seems to be new, it parts in a different place.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 am
dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 am
TheOnComingStorm wrote:

Romana I doesn't have a new head - it ws stated a while back it was tweaked hair sitting differently.
Ah right; I assumed with the smaller forehead and shifted hair parting they'd have had to do a new sculpt. Thanks for confirming!

MoarCrossovers

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The Pandorica Opens Set
- River Song
- Amy Pond w/ scarf
- Rory the Lone Centurion
"Uwu! Nyaow I am deth, destwoyer of wurlds!"

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

I know there's a lot of love for the Davies and 11th Doctor eras, but....I think we need to remember some of what we're asking for (or similar offerings) didn't really ignite sales warranting reissues. Rory in particular, if I recall correctly. Also, not to rain on all the Jackie Tyler/Davies era-C list character hopefuls but we probably didn't get those characters on first go-round for the same reason toes are so tentatively dipped in the 60s and 80s (outside of Daleks & Doctors): Less certain sales, likely. And I'd rather Character succeed and keep giving us great stuff than go to Star Wars levels of completism and invite pegwarming.

That said, I feel like there's some really good ideas here, and sometimes it's all how you sell it/package it. Jackie didn't warrant a single figure pack back in the day, but in a set that screams "Look, 10th Doctor stuff you want!" she might indeed work better.

So that said, maybe if they were done like this...

Series 4/10th Doctor:
*Rose (multiple reuse options; let's use the Sarah Jane body to do "Stolen Earth" with the Series 2 head)
*Jackie (Romana 2 body works fine, new head)
*Jack Harkness (Trenchcoat)

Put Jackie in with those two desirable heavy hitters and I think it makes sense. Can't do Rose? Reuse Graham and do Wilf. Jack is still a good anchor for the set, and he may pop up again in the current show - That only helps.

Friends of the 11th Doctor:
*Rory (Roman Auton body reuse, headswap)
*Madam Vastra (multiple options; Let's do a Missy body reuse and headswap) OR Pandorica River reissue
*Clara Oswald (Time of The Doctor, new hair and wrap needed)
Also incl: Handles, Auton hand gun

So, Amy has been repacked and repainted a few times; She and 11 were just B&M packed not long ago. So, while there are some 11 variants left, a screen accurate Clara would be a must-buy for several on here. Two figures are 100% reuse/repaint, hopefully allowing for different hair and the wrap for Clara. Make it "Time of the Doctor" and she's compatible with 12 as well, so even better. Don't wanna do Vastra? Reissue Pandorica River with the better hairsculpt, who I recall was never single packed.

Throw in Handles and an alternate hand for Rory and really, this would nicely complete a lot of figure sets. Stand Rory with kissogram Amy (or Pandorica River) or fez 11, Clara and Handles nicely complement purple coated or Christmas coat 11, and Vastra and Clara can be set against 11 or 12.

DOCTORWHOFAN77

Post by DOCTORWHOFAN77 »

UNIT - The Sontaran Stratagem

1x 10th Doctor in Blue Suit with Red Tie, new 'End of Time' Tennant Headsculpt and Sonic Screwdriver.

1x Colonel Mace (repurpose of The Brigadier from 'The Three Doctors' set with new headsculpt) and Glock-17 Pistol (from Primeval line)

1x UNIT Trooper Ross (repurpose of Captain Ryan from 'Primeval' line with new headsculpt and new hands - maybe new tactical belt, too) and G36C Rifle (from Primeval Line)

21st Century UNIT

1x Kate Stewart Figure (new sculpt) with old Cyberman Head

1x UNIT Trooper (repurpose of Captain Ryan from 'Primeval' line with new headsculpt and hands - headsculpt is generic Red Beret) with M4 Rifle (Used in some Episodes)

1x UNIT Trooper (repurpose of Captain Ryan from 'Primeval' line with new headsculpt and hands - headsculpt has a ballistic helmet and goggles) with G36C Rifle.

Doctor909

Post by Doctor909 »

Just had an idea, though I’m struggling for a final variant. If I was gonna make a Polly figure I’d 100% use the Jo Grant body and mild the head to have the same peg. That way you can put the sculpt on both “The Three Doctors” and “The Claws Of Axos” bodies. I tried to keep this a feasible as possible and primarily used the thinking behind this year’s sets to judge if these sets would actually work: The set ideas I had were:

The Tenth Planet/1st Doctor And Companions Set
  • Ben From The Tenth Planet (new head sculpt on a repainted Mickey Smith -a variant already suggested I know but it’s just work so well!)
  • Polly From The Tenth Planet (new head sculpt on “The Three Doctors” Jo Grant repainted -again already suggested but would be great!)
  • 1st Doctor From The Tenth Planet (standard body but with the addition of the cape and maybe the hatted head?)
Then, assuming it’ll work like this year, I’d have the second set be:

Second Doctor And Companions Set
  • Polly From The Faceless Ones (put the head sculpt from the previous set on the “Claws Of Axos” body and repaint the body to be light green/blue from “The Faceless Ones”)
  • 2nd Doctor With Hat From Power Of The Daleks (much like the 4th Doctor in the Terror Of The Zygons set, keep the body the same but put in a new head sculpt, this time a hatted head)
  • Ben From The Tenth Planet/Twice Upon A Time (now this is where I struggled, it can’t be anything major because the cost would need to be kept down, I’d almost be tempted to repaint the original variant but in the Twice Upon A Time colours)
Now in theory these sets would work for B&M because new tooling has not gone any further than it did for this year’s sets so in theory these would be feasible. Yes, the second Ben variant would be an issue but I feel like the hatted 2nd Doctor would be a major draw-to factor for the second set and the Ben figure would be like the UNIT solider figure in the Terror Of The Zygons set, a pleasant variant not necessarily desired but cheap enough to keep costs down. I hope the Polly variants would also work and be deemed cheap as in theory the head would be comparable with both bodies like the Jo Grant head was (The Time Monster variant proving this)
Aspiring Writer. Fan boy. Lethal Combination