The Collector’s Series

Koth2

Re: The Collector’s Series

Post by Koth2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:40 am

A correctly coloured brown 10th Doctor would be good. Which head sculpt would you expect?

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 am

I thought I was crazy because everyone called it a brown suit but the figure is grey. Another problem I have with the 10th Doctor figures which is a small one is the coats widen at the bottom, like they dont go straight down. Id love if they just made the coat a harder material or made a completly new coat that wouldnt widen at the bottom and would go straight down (which the 3.75 figure got right)

Honestly, I think they should do a TOTD set style 10th Doctor figure and just solve all these problems.

10th Doctor figure in a brown suit with ball joint arms
Have swappable head with the aged head and a glasses head (could even go further and have the glasses removable and include 3-D glasses and just have them plug into the side of his head so they stay still)
Do what they did with Ace and include an extra set of arms and a coat.
New sculpt Sonic Screwdriver (from the Tuxedo figure)
If they could stretch it to have 1 or 2 more accessory, include the ghost backpack thing from Army of Ghosts and/or an Adipose.

Ten is the most popular Doctor so I think this would sell well. If they got Argos or Amazon onboard with this, they could have a brown suit version exclusive to 1 store and a blue suit version exclusive to another store.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 am

joe38658 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 am
I thought I was crazy because everyone called it a brown suit but the figure is grey.
I've brought this up before, maybe, but I dont think the figure is grey. The colour is brown, but the light blue stripes combine with it in the eye to make an overall effect of looking grey,but it's an optical illusion, if they wanted to look brown theyd need to either make it way oversaturated, or not include the stripes. Idk,thats how it seems to me anyway.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 am

joe38658 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:50 am
Tzim Sha
I'm very sorry sir, but we can't have you misspelling Tim Shaw now, can we?

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 am

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 am
joe38658 wrote:
I thought I was crazy because everyone called it a brown suit but the figure is grey.
I've brought this up before, maybe, but I dont think the figure is grey. The colour is brown, but the light blue stripes combine with it in the eye to make an overall effect of looking grey,but it's an optical illusion, if they wanted to look brown theyd need to either make it way oversaturated, or not include the stripes. Idk,thats how it seems to me anyway.
Lifting up the back of the coated 10th Doctor figure you can see it without the stripes and it still looks pretty greyish imo

SJF

Post by SJF » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 am

joe38658 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 am
Deborah J wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 am
joe38658 wrote:
Lifting up the back of the coated 10th Doctor figure you can see it without the stripes and it still looks pretty greyish imo
This

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 am

On the one hand I love the idea of a subscription based collectors range, but on the other I'd worry about paying a year's fee and then getting a load of figures I don't really want. A bit like Xbox's 'Games with Gold' which is a free bonus for subscribers. When I used to pay for LIVE I used to get fed up of month after month of games I didn't actually want, only occasionally there being one I liked. So I would worry that that's what'd happen with the subscription figure line. If you could say pay monthly whenever you wanted a figure I think it would be excellent, but that's probably not 'cost effective' for CO.

tldr: I'm a cynical sod.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 am

A good 10th Doctor is near the top of my list for figures we need. Every other new series Doctor got an updated version, but never 10. We got new head sculpts, but the same atrocious outdated body.

Hea too short, the arms are too static and outstretched, the coat is all wrong, the colour is off. There’s no thigh or bicep swivel, let alone ball joint shoulder. It’s just such a bad figure. I just wish that instead of that curator figure, we’d have gotten a 50th anniversary 10 instead. A resized suited figure with modern articulation and a new headsculpt. And then a coated version with a more accurate depiction of the coat like the 3.75 version.

TW.

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 am
On the one hand I love the idea of a subscription based collectors range, but on the other I'd worry about paying a year's fee and then getting a load of figures I don't really want. A bit like Xbox's 'Games with Gold' which is a free bonus for subscribers. When I used to pay for LIVE I used to get fed up of month after month of games I didn't actually want, only occasionally there being one I liked. So I would worry that that's what'd happen with the subscription figure line. If you could say pay monthly whenever you wanted a figure I think it would be excellent, but that's probably not 'cost effective' for CO.

tldr: I'm a cynical sod.
The difference with the games on Xbox and figures is the figures take time to produce and design whilst the games have been out for ages.
They could announce the first few figures/and or the entire list. Or allow monthly payments and announce that months figure before they take the payment so people can cancel for that month and resubscribe next month.

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:22 am

Whovastron wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 am
A good 10th Doctor is near the top of my list for figures we need. Every other new series Doctor got an updated version, but never 10. We got new head sculpts, but the same atrocious outdated body.

Hea too short, the arms are too static and outstretched, the coat is all wrong, the colour is off. There’s no thigh or bicep swivel, let alone ball joint shoulder. It’s just such a bad figure. I just wish that instead of that curator figure, we’d have gotten a 50th anniversary 10 instead. A resized suited figure with modern articulation and a new headsculpt. And then a coated version with a more accurate depiction of the coat like the 3.75 version.

TW.
100% Agree. Its one of the only cases where the 3.75 figure is better than the 5 inch figure. If they did a 50th Anniversary 10th Doctor figure, I wouldnt want a DOTD Headsculpt though because I like his sticky up hair more (like the Tuxedo figure)