Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Deborah J

Re: Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Post by Deborah J »

I kind of suspect there might be two seperate cyberman stories, possibly?

Avon

Post by Avon »

Late to the party but unbelievably happy and utterly shocked we're getting new figures! It's a good, solid wave, I'm going to turn on spoilers and say that the Cyberman story is rumored to either be the last or one of the last in the series, so him being in a second wave makes total sense. I also want whatever that thing was breaking into the TARDIS!.
£12.99 is ridiculously reasonable, it's what I paid for 13 and considering the average price for a six inch figure is around £20-£25 these days £13 is a steal for a five inch, even though I'm sure these will be discounted even slightly eventually I'm going out to buy these at retail, hopefully on the high street, simply to support the line as this is what I've been wanting for ages! (same with her TARDIS). Tux Doc would be amazing as the variant, and it seems even just from the trailer there's plenty of toyetic designs for the new season, lots to look forward to.. and that's not even the new B&M stuff rumored for early in the year!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Honestly, the price doesn't seem too out of line to me, either.

And I'm with DebJ on this. I hope the new Cyber design doesn't mean we'll never see the old NiS design cast in plastic.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 »

I think £13 for a figure Ian reasonable, when I go on eBay I usually aim for around £10-£15 a figure.

I almost have a complete set of the different Cybermen designs, there’s 3 existing figures I really want to own but always seem to be outside my price range;
Tenth planet cyberman, revenge cyberman and the controller from the next doctor/a good man goes To war

So I’m always game for new Cybermen and if we get more than one cyberman design this series... yay 😀
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 pm
Honestly, the price doesn't seem too out of line to me, either.

And I'm with DebJ on this. I hope the new Cyber design doesn't mean we'll never see the old NiS design cast in plastic.
I mean we did get a figure of him a while back, but it was in the little tiny scale, so no-onw wants that. Tiny little cyberbaby

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Price is definitely not out of line with the modern toy market

2009 Transformers Deluxe figure - £10
2019 Transformers Deluxe figure - £23

2009 Lego Star Wars Battlepack - £8
2019 Lego Star Wars Battlepack - £13

2009 Doctor Who single carded Figure - £9
2019 Doctor Who single carded figure - £13

TW.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

I would love if they could do a lighter colour like the original prototype for Jodie's hair. It's just far too dark on her head, looks like a spider fell on her and it feels like an easy fix.

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:01 pm
I kind of suspect there might be two seperate cyberman stories, possibly?
I'm pretty sure there's just the one, since the finale involves that weirdly redesigned "circuit board" Dalek. I'm not ruling out a 2-parter though, with rusty damage Cyberman in part one, and a full scale invasion in part 2.

Given that the trailer Cyberman is a hodge-podge of previous designs (Nightmare in Silver chest, Mondasian left arm) I suspect we're in for another story similar to Resolution (and to a lesser extent Dalek and Deep Breath), where we start off with a badly damaged Cyberman scout who crash lands on Ren Faire colony planet, and starts repairing himself using whatever "spare parts" he can find, including human limbs. The Doctor and Fam show up and try to stop him, but not before he sends out a SOS to his Cyber chums or manages to awaken them from hibernation in his crashed ship.

I'm guessing more likely the first option, since the trailer Cyberman appears to have a distinctly different head and arms from the version seen in those blurry camera phone photos. (Looking at them closer, I can see they've gone for a total kitchen sink approach to Cybermen, incorporating what looks like wider squared-off/recessed heads and big-ass shoulder pads reminiscent of Earthshock, and what I first thought were spikes on the arms and legs appear to be remnants of the "wiffle ball" nodes last seen in Revenge of the Cybermen)

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Saw the new Dark Crystal figures in FP yesterday going for £12.99, so no stretch there.

Doctor909

Post by Doctor909 »

Anyone else feel like the wave will be officially revealed after the episode on New Years Day? Just seems to make sense that they’d probs go up for pre-order then to get on the maximum hype for the new series. Who knows we might even get one of those cut-in adverts in the credits where they go “and if you enjoyed this episode of Doctor Who you can get this merch now”. Might be getting carried away but seems logical to me
Aspiring Writer. Fan boy. Lethal Combination :lol: