Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

rhysch

Re: Doctor who Series 11/12 5.5” Figure wave

Post by rhysch »

whatever happened to the blue top variant of Jodie?
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

rhysch wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm
whatever happened to the blue top variant of Jodie?
Who knows hopefully it turns up at some point and isn’t one of those thing we see that never gets released like that bad wolf TARDIS or the last few 3.75” waves.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

TARDIS23 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 am
Whovastron wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 am
Yeah it is weird considering Al said that shops will get the full wave. Entertainer still only have the Dalek
Funnily enough the shop where I got mine had all but the Dalek.
Graham and Recon I managed to get from Forbidden Planet; pink-shirt Jodie I picked up from Argos.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Whovastron wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:04 am
TARDIS23 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 am
Did anybody know that Argos have the Recon Dalek now? For some reason it’s listed as clearance and is £10.
Well that can’t bode well for its sales
Maybe. Though when was it released? Late February? And now it's June, so that's about three months? Discounting a toy after three months kind of sounds like standard retail toy life-cycle, doesn't it?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:09 pm
Whovastron wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:04 am
TARDIS23 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 am
Did anybody know that Argos have the Recon Dalek now? For some reason it’s listed as clearance and is £10.
Well that can’t bode well for its sales
Maybe. Though when was it released? Late February? And now it's June, so that's about three months? Discounting a toy after three months kind of sounds like standard retail toy life-cycle, doesn't it?
There's other factors to take into account. When these hit stores, it was right as the series was wrapping up. In a normal world, the next 1-2 months would see casual shoppers encounter/impulse buy them, or seek them out.

This has not been a normal world.

So, instead of casual purchases the stock has just sat there. And the series has been ended for a couple months, so any lingering hype (or controversy in this case, I guess) has died down. It's certainly not a "watercooler" type show to the general public; Honestly I feel it's safe to say real life has been a bit more demanding for the average person.

So in these contexts the markdown makes sense; It's a way to draw attention to what, to the general buyer or even fan, is yesterday's news.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Just been rewatching series 12

And what I wouldn’t do for Master and Ashad figures.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Just been rewatching series 12

And what I wouldn’t do for Master and Ashad figures.
I feel like the Master is the safest safe bet of a new figure we'll get either with a second wave/next series wave (probably the latter at this point) or a la Ryan and Yaz' release with B&M. Either body-recycle 7b 11 or tux 10.

I am....less optimistic about Ashad. He's now a one-off and goes out like a chump with some finality. And he'd require a LOT of new sculpting. If we get anything COMPLETELY new I'd wager more on the generic Cyberwarrior design, as we may see that again and it can be reused/repackaged or even repurposed with a different head for the 2011-2019 Cyberman design. Basically, if they're gonna splash out on a new figure/Cyberman 5" mold for the first time in almost 10 years, then I'd assume it'd be reusable rather than a one off character we'll likely never see again.

More than likely we'll have a new companion(s) around the corner too, Yaz or no. So, that'll probably get some priority too.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

If you’re looking to army build recon daleks... they’re £6.50 on Argos at the moment.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I doubt we'll see an Ashad, sadly. Whilst it'd be awesome, there's not a lot you can reuse the bits for, other than a 2013 Cyberman, which is unlikely to be made at this point as we've just gotten a brand new design.

I think if we're getting an entirely new figure, it'd be the 2020 Cyberman design. No only does that have mass army building potential, but also the majority of the figure can also be reused for a Cybermaster if they make a new head and cape pieces. And honestly, as cool as Ashad is, I'd much rather have a 2020 Cyberman and Cybermaster figure over him if we can't get them all.

As for the Master, I reckon we'll see him and the Fugitive Doctor, along with that new Dalek from the upcoming special, and possibly a figure of the Series 13 companion depending on if this wave is released for alongside S13.

So basically, my fantasy prediction for the next wave is:
13th Doctor repaint
The Master (reusing S7B 11)
Fugitive Doctor (Reusing some parts from somewhere)
Cyberman 2020 (entirely new)
Cybermaster (reuse of the 2020 Cyberman)
Dalek from upcoming special
Possibly new companion?

I'm aware that even this is kinda a fantasy scenario where the three characters I want the most actually get made (the three characters Fugitive, Master, 2020 Cyberman), but hopefully it's a fantasy that comes true. Pls come true...

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Will there even be another wave. This wave doesn’t seem to have sold very well at all