Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:38 pm
TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:26 pm
Would anyone else like a slightly different 'Companions of the 10th Doctor' set? Instead of just a likely re-releasesed Rose, Martha and Donna, they could give us Wilf, Jenny and Jackson Lake. Name it 'friends of the 10th Dr set'
given the recent trend for new figures needing existing bodies, who would you use for wilf? I'd love one of him if we could get one.
the Nick Cutter body mould used for Ryan would work well for Wilf I think
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

rhysch wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:35 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:38 pm
TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:26 pm
Would anyone else like a slightly different 'Companions of the 10th Doctor' set? Instead of just a likely re-releasesed Rose, Martha and Donna, they could give us Wilf, Jenny and Jackson Lake. Name it 'friends of the 10th Dr set'
given the recent trend for new figures needing existing bodies, who would you use for wilf? I'd love one of him if we could get one.
the Nick Cutter body mould used for Ryan would work well for Wilf I think
So, when figures show up in another medium, I feel like it's that much more feasible Character could tackle them.

Wilf has definitely been a Titans mini. So clearly, Cribbins is cool with this. The Cutter body would indeed work ok.

We definitely had a Jackson Lake Titans figure too. So, ok. Even some classic Doctors, like 6, could provide a body reuse.

Mickey happened once already, so a redux is not unreasonable.

Jenny was a Titans figure too if I recall, so again.....not impossible.

Which brings me to this:

I don't think Jackie has ever been a figure. Ever.

(I mean, I'd keep it that way. ;) Not a fan. But for those who are...)

Has Jackie Tyler ever been produced as a figure/mini/anything? Because that makes me think the reason we never saw a figure is that Camille Coduri either 1) never gave (or was asked for) likeness rights for such a thing or 2) wouldn't give the rights.

Anyone knowledgeable on this?
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

GSD

Post by GSD »

As far as straight-up rereleases are concerned, I've only just realised that I'd love an S18 Tom, and those things go for silly money today!

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

GSD wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:44 am
As far as straight-up rereleases are concerned, I've only just realised that I'd love an S18 Tom, and those things go for silly money today!
Perhaps they could even do a Season 18 set?
Season 18 4th Doctor (New hatted head and socks and shoes instead of boots)
Meglos (Spikey 4th Doctor)
The Master (Keeper of Traken)

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

I believe there has been a Jackie mini figure in the warlord games packs. Has anyone ever bought the warlord figures? I think you have to paint them, they are about 3cm high I think.

I have personally asked Camille Coduri regarding action figures and she told me that she was scanned for a figure back in 2006 era. Camille also said she would love a figure and was puzzled as to why there wasn't one out already! So Camille Coduri is on board for a figure.

It does make me wonder why Titan didn't include her in the 'Fantastic' collectionn, also Jabe and a few others from series 1 never made it to the 'Fantastic' titan collection. Sorry don't mean to drift off topic but does anyone know why we haven't had another Titans set in a while? They use to pre order them a good year in advance of release.

Back on topic... yes please to a Jackie! I've seen the Claudia body and SJS in coat work for Jackie.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:47 am
I believe there has been a Jackie mini figure in the warlord games packs. Has anyone ever bought the warlord figures? I think you have to paint them, they are about 3cm high I think.

I have personally asked Camille Coduri regarding action figures and she told me that she was scanned for a figure back in 2006 era. Camille also said she would love a figure and was puzzled as to why there wasn't one out already! So Camille Coduri is on board for a figure.

It does make me wonder why Titan didn't include her in the 'Fantastic' collectionn, also Jabe and a few others from series 1 never made it to the 'Fantastic' titan collection. Sorry don't mean to drift off topic but does anyone know why we haven't had another Titans set in a while? They use to pre order them a good year in advance of release.

Back on topic... yes please to a Jackie! I've seen the Claudia body and SJS in coat work for Jackie.
Having looked at the excellent customs on Google; the SJS works frustratingly well but just has the wrong footwear. The Martha legs work perfectly annoyingly!

I suppose you could make a solid enough S2/Doomsday Jackie using the Martha body?

SJF

Post by SJF »

dorkjackson wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:30 am
TheOnComingStorm wrote:

Having looked at the excellent customs on Google; the SJS works frustratingly well but just has the wrong footwear. The Martha legs work perfectly annoyingly!

I suppose you could make a solid enough S2/Doomsday Jackie using the Martha body?
I’d probably use the Martha figure for her Christmas Invasion costume. Coat in pink, shirt in blue and trousers in navy with pink lines down the side.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:

28mm, I think, but closer to 25mm heroic scale. They’re some nice little minis to be honest.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I wish they would rerelease some of the earlier B and M sets, I missed a lot of the early ones.
Eggs gon give it to ya

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

greeneggsandspam wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:41 pm
I wish they would rerelease some of the earlier B and M sets, I missed a lot of the early ones.
I'd love a Master set with a Delgado, Ainley and a kitbashed S7B 11 standing in for Sacha Dhawan.