Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

Doctor909

Post by Doctor909 »

So with that potential Clara variant that popped up a few weeks ago, I was thinking about other potential variants that could be done.
I think the most simple one would be ‘Under The Lake/Before The Flood’ where you could just repaint the existing Oswin/Clara & just do a new hair piece.
An ‘Into The Dalek’ variant would be simple with a new headsculpt on the Yaz/Romana/Claudia Brown figure. In fact it’d literally be the same as the ‘It Takes You Away’ Yaz figure but with the shirt cast in red with eyes painted on it. I know she didn’t really wear the jacket much in the episode but it’s screen accurate and a variant of a companion we don’t have any screen accurate costumes for.
I also think a ‘The Magician’s Apprentice’ variant could be quite easy using an Ace figure by painting the top grey, the skirt blue with white dots and a new headsculpt -ideally a new jacket sculpt too but I’d even accept just the Ace one in black at this point.
If CO could some now find the budget, the best thing they could do is make a collared top and skirt piece sculpt. This could repainted over & over again to make variants from: Time of the Doctor (Yellow & Black, could also attempt an approximation of the main Black and Red outfit as well), Robot Of Sherwood (opening scene), The Caretaker (cream & black and also the pink & patterned), The Woman Who Lived (approximation), Sleep No More (Navy & Lighter Blue). Heck you could even paint them as her dresses (Kill The Moon and Dark Water/Death in Heaven) or even ditch the skirt and make Face The Raven variants (opening scene & main costume). I guess it’d depend if CO think they could get enough usage out of the sculpt for other characters as well.
Either way I hope we get a variant of her soon, the DOTD looked so good with what I assume would’ve been a new coat sculpt over the Oswin dress with new arms (if it’s real that is).
Any variant could then be released alongside a Capaldi with new PVC torso piece to have a waistcoat and another figure (can’t think of any -maybe a Missy variant with a new headsculpt for Series 9 or 10? Or a Nardole using Harry Sullivan?). It’d be no different from what we’ve had recently at B&M as it’d be 2 new headsculpts & a new torso piece -arguably simpler than the Companions of the 4th Doctor set and would have at least two highly desirable figure in.
Aspiring Writer. Fan boy. Lethal Combination

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

My 2021 Wish List:

MOAR CYBERMANZ!

Thank you.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:26 pm
My 2021 Wish List:

MOAR CYBERMANZ!

Thank you.
I agree with this.

I suppose I should write something else to fill up some more space and have this be less of a useless post.

Random thought: If a 2013 Cyberman figure was made, a passable Ashad could be made with new lower legs (and probably feet too, because I doubt the 2006 Cyberman feet could be used), a new right arm and a new head. Sure, it'd not be entirely accurate, it'd be missing the shoulder pad and some wires around the waist area, but it'd be close enough that I'm sure people wouldn't mind, kinda like with the Rusty the Dalek figure. If that was the star attraction of a triple pack with some rusted up 2006 Cybermen with the O logo and the big ass guns, perhaps that could be achievable as an online exclusive.

The only downside is that it requires a 2013 Cyberman figure to be made.
A 2013 Cyberman figure has not been made.
Granted, a 2013 Cyberman could be made, and provide atleast four base variants, with potentially Cyber-Danny and Wooden Cyberman variants also relatively achievable. But then 2013 Cybermen aren't really current anymore.

So the moral of this story is that the 2013 is probably one of the best figures to make in the 5.5" scale because it has a lot of variant potential. I'd happily buy a small army of them to fill up the Cyberman shelf (not that it isn't crowded ATM, though I still need more Silver Nemesis and Revenge Cybermen, and I'd like another Invasion one too...)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I need those Revenge bois.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The Outcast wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:26 pm
My 2021 Wish List:

MOAR CYBERMANZ!

Thank you.
I agree with this.

I suppose I should write something else to fill up some more space and have this be less of a useless post.
Naw, any post that doesn't end up in the TL;DR bin is absolutely NOT useless. :)

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Personally I'd like to see a couple of Dalek sets that include classic Davros re-releases:

Destiny of the Daleks:
Davros + "Suicide Bomber" Dalek

Remembrance of the Daleks:
Davros + Special Weapons Dalek

Revelation of the Daleks:
Davros + Necros Dalek

Genesis of the Daleks
Davros + Skaro Dalek

The Masters Boxset
Delgado + Ainley + Simms (Hoodie version) + Missy (mauve dress, no hat)

The Time Lords Boxset
Rassilon + Omega + Generic Time Lord

Classic Companions Boxset
Leela (Face of Evil) + Jo Grant (Three Doctors) + Peri (Caves of Androzani)
Sad is happy for deep people.