Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

My biggest wish is that that devious old so-and-so Al finds a way to give us a new Classic companion using existing molds.

Hopefully for a Doctor who hasn't had one yet.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

I know Ace's jacket is too fiddly for the B&M budget, but what if you left the stickers off and said it was from a comic? I've seen pics with just an all black jacket and it looks great as is. Besides I could really use a cheaper Ace figure for customs... and if you want to be an angel throw in the swappable arms too please!

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Ace doesn't look too bad without her jacket, but out of my Aces, the tshirt arms on one have really bad paint apps and the other refuses to stay in the socket on one side.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:41 pm
My biggest wish is that that devious old so-and-so Al finds a way to give us a new Classic companion using existing molds.

Hopefully for a Doctor who hasn't had one yet.
So, based on what we've gotten and particularly the last batch of figures (where bodies were either reused with a new head - think 13's companions and the Big Finish 8- or swapped among variants of its parent figure, a la Harry Sullivan using 2 different Tom Baker 4 components) I can see doing:

Ian (any suit body)
Steven (reusing Mickey for the turtleneck)
Vicki (reusing 3 Doctors miniskirt Jo for "The Rescue")
Polly (reusing either Jo)
Ben (reusing Toby Zed or Mickey)
Liz Shaw (Reusing 3 Doctors Jo)
Benton or Yates (reusing any Brig bodies, but 3 Doctors works best)
Sarah Jane (Various Primeval body reuses)
Romana II (Idris body reuse)
Turlough (Simm Master or Primeval body reuse)

Now, mind you, I KNOW there are a lot of ways we could Frankenstein-part swap pieces and get Jamie, Susan, Tegan, etc. But we haven't seen anything on that scale barring the 13th Doctor if I recall correctly, and that was done for an incumbent Doctor - So, a little more priority there.

Sarah Jane and Romana make the most sense to me as they can be repackaged with variants, but then what do I know? None of us saw Harry Sullivan coming, and the only justification I could have seen in advance for him was how popular that era of the show remains.

I just figure that if major swap surgery is needed to make the companions, the likelihood goes down that we see them. If a new head and new paint apps are what's required, it's clearly in the realm of possibility (with perhaps a coat swap too).

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I think they could add a new headsculpt and make a Mel custom out of destroyed Casandra, anyone else?

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I always wonder if you could make a single puffy-sleeved female body that you could fudge to use for both Nyssa and Mel, though it would obviously require a new sculpt for the whole thing.

I also wonder if you could somehow cheaply retool Clara's body into working some kind of Tegan figure.
greeneggsandspam wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:26 pm
I think they could add a new headsculpt and make a Mel custom out of destroyed Casandra, anyone else?
Well, obviously.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Could we have some of the Toys R Us Dalek sets rereleased? I'm gutted I missed the 3rd Doctor and 11th Doctor sets especially.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I nearly got the TRU third doctor figure twice last month, first time I ordered it on ebay and it was a good price but it turned out the seller didn't have it any more,then once I had my refund I tried bidding on one but I got outbit at the last few seconds

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

You could have the Rani in Mel disguise!

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I managed to get the 9th Doctor and Dalek set for a decent price recently, and that one's sorta rare, so that's cool.

Anyway, I noticed someone say a Tegan would be difficult to do. I don't really think so, you could make a decent Season 20 version using Androzani Peri, though if that happened I'd personally like to see the torso changed slightly, but I get that's pushing my luck. Anyway, my idea was to make a 5th Doctor and companions set with the 5th Doctor (Season 19-20 re-issue), Tegan (Season 20, new head on Androzani Peri body) and Turlough (new head on pre-existing suit body). I feel that'd make a great B&M set.