Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:16 pm
SJF wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Although I would like to think that in some fantasy world, they’ll find a way to give us a kilted Jamie.
I feel like if you're not going to kilt-up Jamie, then don't bother. It'd be like releasing a Fourth Doctor without a scarf. ::coughcough::Dapol::coughcough::
I imagine them cheaping out and just giving him tartan trousers.
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

SJF

Post by SJF »

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:37 pm
skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:
Although I would like to think that in some fantasy world, they’ll find a way to give us a kilted Jamie.
I feel like if you're not going to kilt-up Jamie, then don't bother. It'd be like releasing a Fourth Doctor without a scarf. ::coughcough::Dapol::coughcough::
I imagine them cheaping out and just giving him tartan trousers.
Or maybe they’ll stick a Frazer Hines head on an Astrid body. That’ll give him a skirt.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Or use an Ace body but add a heavy vest to hide the ladybits.

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:54 pm
Or use an Ace body but add a heavy vest to hide the ladybits.
He’d look like a funko pop :lol:

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:
I would think if they can do a new Unit coat wrap fitting a kilt around a figure would be doable.

Example:
Take a Sharez Jek figure. (Minus vinyl top piece, Jek head)
Paint the legs above the boots flesh tone. Boots brownish wash colour.
Affix kilt wrap somehow that goes knee length. (Maybe include a piece that rests over the shoulder, as he did now and again?)
New sculpt Jamie head. "Mind Robber" Jamie

Before anyone interjects, I KNOW the legs would be a bit wonky and the costume inaccurate to a degree. (No moreso than some current and very welcome figures)

But it gets us Jamie with not much more innovation than the current sets. Maybe it's not doable/feasible. I'm not an expert nor do I understand the production or budget at play.

But I'd like to think it's possible, given some flexibility we're seeing now.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I don't want people to think I'm being vulgar here, but I see a conceptual problem to a jamie figure. In the series, Frazer took great care to make sure the camera could never see up his kilt because a highlander isn't supposed to have pants under the kilt... Like they'd either have to give him pants which would be kind of culturally incorrect or... well it scarcely bares thinking about :oops:

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 pm
I don't want people to think I'm being vulgar here, but I see a conceptual problem to a jamie figure. In the series, Frazer took great care to make sure the camera could never see up his kilt because a highlander isn't supposed to have pants under the kilt... Like they'd either have to give him pants which would be kind of culturally incorrect or... well it scarcely bares thinking about :oops:
To paraphrase your contribution on another crotch-watch thread, "How do I unsee this mental image"

SJF

Post by SJF »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:16 pm
skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:
I would think if they can do a new Unit coat wrap fitting a kilt around a figure would be doable.

Example:
Affix kilt wrap somehow that goes knee length. (Maybe include a piece that rests over the shoulder, as he did now and again?)

Before anyone interjects, I KNOW the legs would be a bit wonky and the costume inaccurate to a degree. (No moreso than some current and very welcome figures)

But it gets us Jamie with not much more innovation than the current sets. Maybe it's not doable/feasible. I'm not an expert nor do I understand the production or budget at play.

To be fair that’s exactly how I’ve been saying they should do it.

Okay maybe I haven’t said it entirely but I was definitely thinking it.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

sorry about that

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

SJF wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:16 pm
skifflebits wrote:

Example:

To be fair that’s exactly how I’ve been saying they should do it.

Okay maybe I haven’t said it entirely but I was definitely thinking it.
completely agree. sure, the legs would look a little odd if you looked closely, but i’d rather that than no Jamie at all
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂