Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Yeah. I’m something of a dalek nut anyway, and I’ve always wanted to see a transitional phase between renegade -> NSD (as it’s always seemed likely that the Renegades “won” the Civil War).

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Yeah. I’m something of a dalek nut anyway, and I’ve always wanted to see a transitional phase between renegade -> NSD (as it’s always seemed likely that the Renegades “won” the Civil War).
I always kind of assumed the imperials would have won, since they seemed to win out in Remembrance, and both they and the NSDs have gold parts
Eggs gon give it to ya

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

The point is, it doesn't matter which one, but imperials seem less likely as the Time War Daleks have Davros as a prisoner. A counter argument to this is that they seem perfectly happy to use human DNA as s basis for new drones, and that they are considered very far gone from the pure Skaro breed. I think Imperials do make more sense though, as the Time War Daleks are structured as an empire.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Gek2Win wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:51 pm
The point is, it doesn't matter which one, but imperials seem less likely as the Time War Daleks have Davros as a prisoner. A counter argument to this is that they seem perfectly happy to use human DNA as s basis for new drones, and that they are considered very far gone from the pure Skaro breed. I think Imperials do make more sense though, as the Time War Daleks are structured as an empire.
The daleks in Journey's End aren't time war daleks, though, they're a brand new load that davros made out of his chest skin, the only dalek in that story that wasn't made new for that event was Dalek Caan, he went back to fetch davros from the time war, then davros made the rest. And then they made him a prisoner
Eggs gon give it to ya

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Fair enough then, forgot about that.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

greeneggsandspam wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:51 pm
The daleks in Journey's End aren't time war daleks, though, they're a brand new load that davros made out of his chest skin, the only dalek in that story that wasn't made new for that event was Dalek Caan, he went back to fetch davros from the time war, then davros made the rest. And then they made him a prisoner
Exactly. Basically no matter what Dalek strain, they'll always see Davros as inferior. Even if they literally came from him.

I assumed the Imperials lost as the events of "Remembrance" takes out Skaro, and the renegades wouldn't be in power there. So even though Skaro is "restored" via Time War/Davros events later, it puts the (presumably offworld) Renegades in the majority by default.

I'm wiling to bet Big Finish have put forth a solution that's accepted as soft canon. Someone (probably SJF) should chime in if they know.

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

i’d love some companion and dalek sets, to go alongside the doctor and dalek ones. like Ace (without the jacket, because i’ve heard that that jacket is what lowers her chances of being in the b&m sets) and ideally a rerelease of the special weapons dalek, but the standard white and gold dalek would be very welcome. a classic Sarah Jane, using Claudia Brown’s upper body, Martha’s combat outfit trousers, and possibly a retooled Sarah Jane head. any dalek from Genesis would be fine with me. not too sure which other sets would be possible but i feel like there’s definitely potential
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

rhysch wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:37 am
i’d love some companion and dalek sets, to go alongside the doctor and dalek ones. like Ace (without the jacket, because i’ve heard that that jacket is what lowers her chances of being in the b&m sets) and ideally a rerelease of the special weapons dalek, but the standard white and gold dalek would be very welcome. a classic Sarah Jane, using Claudia Brown’s upper body, Martha’s combat outfit trousers, and possibly a retooled Sarah Jane head. any dalek from Genesis would be fine with me. not too sure which other sets would be possible but i feel like there’s definitely potential
I love this idea!!!!

Ian (new head, suit body reuse) & Dead Planet Dalek
Jamie (new head/kilt wrap) & Dalek Alpha (with glyph on his base)
Jo (repaint) & screen accurate Gold dalek
Tegan (New head, Ace or Clara body reuse?) & Resurrection Dalek
Martha (repaint) & Dalek Caan (Manhattan)
(Screen accurate) Clara & "Magician's Apprentice" 1963 Dalek, or Dalek Supreme reissue
Ryan, Yaz & Resolution Dalek (Easy repack with a desirable 3rd figure)

Avon

Post by Avon »

I like the idea of mixing it up, I would love, if at all possible, they could package a Frontier in Space Delgado with a new Dalek..., maybe a grey planet drone? I'm thinking you could maybe get away with a new plain vinyl wrap with the disco collar and a new paint job on the Delgado body? Complete pipe dream/would never happen, but a grey Day/Ogron and a Movellan/Destiny would be astounding. I'm definitely hoping for Davros sets, too, I'm sitting here thinking, would I pay £30 for a three pack, be it a drone/supreme/Davros or a Doctor or a companion, for each major Dalek episode? Im sure I would..

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Basically, I think Davros desperately needs a rerelease. My preferred would be Revelation, but I'd take literally any one. In fact, I wouldn't mind straight rereleases of the Doctor/Davros/Dalek sets, perhaps with slight tweaks (Better Destiny scarf, more accurate Genesis 4, more accurate production Genesis Dalek, etc.)