DIY cardboard season 14 TARDIS console room (DWM 550)

Avon

DIY cardboard season 14 TARDIS console room (DWM 550)

Post by Avon »

Was going to put this in the B&M thread but decided, this needed its own topic!

Doctor Who Magazine has a special today (so its a tenner..), and it comes with heaps of free gifts, including a cardboard, assemble yourself, season 14 console room!

I added my own furniture as its so huge! The chair in the foreground, the globe, and the hatstand etc, the chair in the background you do get with it, as well as a cardboard hatstand (which I didn't make), thinking about buying a junk TARDIS and trying to make a proper 3D console for this..

Really fun thing which kept me occupied for a bit this morning! I would say, attach the pieces to some cardboard if you have some, as it basically advises you to cellotape the sides together as is which wouldn't give you much strength

skifflebits

Re: DIY cardboard season 14 TARDIS console room (DWM 550)

Post by skifflebits »

That's cool! Reminds me of the AFT version, but easier. Where'd you get the furniture?

Avon

Post by Avon »

Quite a eclectic mix actually! The hatstand I got from eBay (dolls house furniture), the chair came with a Spider Man movie green goblin (so it's meant for 6 inch, but works as a nice large comfy chair for 5 inchers) and the globe came from an antiques shop, it's actually a pencil sharpener.

AFT have got some terrific ones, but I really hope DWM do this more often, would love a few different console rooms, or sets (god knows where I'd put them though!). The other freebees, just as an aside, are some weetabix style season 14 cards, a large Talons style poster ("conducted tour of the lair of the phantom!" :lol: ), a poster magazine for season 14, and a BF download code. Not bad!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

This is so cool, and scaled perfectly too! Does anyone know if DWM would ship overseas with all the extras? I used to work at a bookstore and remember some overseas periodicals would omit posters, CD promos, etc.

Anyone in the US have any experience with this?

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 pm
This is so cool, and scaled perfectly too! Does anyone know if DWM would ship overseas with all the extras? I used to work at a bookstore and remember some overseas periodicals would omit posters, CD promos, etc.

As someone else who also lives overseas, it looks like Forbidden Planet ships it overseas. Can't be sure ATM, as I've not tried ordering, but I will later.
https://forbiddenplanet.com/301715-doct ... m=fp-share

SJF

Post by SJF »

The digital version comes with printouts

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 pm

I think whona.com may carry DWM, but I'm not 100% sure about that.