USA Toy stock now available

Theta Sigma

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Theta Sigma »

vitodim wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:51 am
I contacted them and they said they would refund me the difference once I receive the order. The new prices are much more reasonable. I hope they get more stock in, at the lower price, they should move more product. My only issue is that I was pretty sure that I ordered two "Companions of the Fourth Doctor" sets, but there is only one listed on Amazon. Hopefully these are just growing pains and this will get sorted out and be more consistent.
I'm actually of two minds having succumbed today. I really did want to buy from Mike, but that was out (so far), then I wanted to buy from local retailers, but that was out (No Diamond distribution). Then I just wanted to buy from any small business versus "feeding the beast" of Amazon, so it was WhoNA, but they didn't have the whole wave, and sold out on some of what they did get. The only remaining option was going back to one of my fellow UK-fan sources for a B&M run, but saw each already made some, and hadn't even sorted all their own sets. Asking them, and worrying if they got sick as a result, had bothered me for the earlier wave (which GOGS1 has in stock already now).

So, seeing the price drop to the upper end of what I found in stores for Diamond-sourced and UT-distributed sets of the same figure complement was the final straw. Yeah, I still believe Mike would have had a better deal, but while Amazon USA's pricing is definitely higher than currency-converted B&M pricing, it's not so much in excess that I can't rationalize it enough to have hit the order button. I might come to regret it, but, continuing to rationalize here, hope my "donation" supports better, and retail, distribution across the USA...including that blue top 13th.

Dammit, it's our God-given right as Americans to own a 5" Jodie in a blue shirt and bumbag! :lol:

Neil Diamond sang it best...

"Al had a dream to send her there...she's coming to America...she's coming to America...order today...today...today..."
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Neil Diamond, noted Doctor Who enthusiast. :lol:

I ordered last week when they first popped up. I too was told I can get the difference back. I'll be able to comment on shipping and quality of merch soon though, as the Daleks shipped out already & may arrive tomorrow, and the companion sets will be here by Monday at latest. (Troughton is gonna lag a bit and pop up by the 14th, apparently. Typical 2nd Doctor, bumbling about. ;) )

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:56 pm
Neil Diamond, noted Doctor Who enthusiast. :lol:
You say that in jest, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vM3QAjWH8Q

Clearly, a JNT production. :lol:

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

vitodim wrote:
I contacted them and they said they would refund me the difference once I receive the order.
Someone on GB just said GOGS1 told them the opposite. You had better check your order status and maybe your credit card too. :shock:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:12 am
vitodim wrote:
I contacted them and they said they would refund me the difference once I receive the order.
Someone on GB just said GOGS1 told them the opposite. You had better check your order status and maybe your credit card too. :shock:
The opposite? So like however much they overpaid by they have to pay that much again? Seems harsh

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:49 am
Theta Sigma wrote:
vitodim wrote:
The opposite? So like however much they overpaid by they have to pay that much again? Seems harsh
Err...opposite in that they would not refund the difference. :o

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:36 am
Deborah J wrote:
Theta Sigma wrote:

So not so much the opposite of it as just the absense

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Wait, are we talking abot Amazon refunding the difference or the distributor?

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

Yes, Ms. J. Shall I write this out on the board several times until I get it right? ;)
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:55 pm
vitodim was, or better to say the seller was on Amazon.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:30 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:

Yes, Ms. J. Shall I write this out on the board several times until I get it right? ;)
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:55 pm
vitodim was, or better to say the seller was on Amazon.
I shouldn't be so obnoxious, it's not a likeable trait.