USA Toy stock now available

BeepTheMeep

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by BeepTheMeep »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:26 pm
Yeah honestly ANY improvement in communication, public relations, and customer communication would do wonders here. They need their own Al stat.
Don't we all!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

True. I know absolutely nothing about this new distributor. I don't even know their names.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 pm
And... here's the thing... I'm pretty sure they not *not* supporting small business. It sounds like the distributor is making the stuff available to other retailers. They just might not be doing a particularly good job of it.
Despite their entertaining Mike's inquiries, I see no evidence of this. Technically, despite Bob's announcement, they have even yet to post them to Amazon US.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:16 am
skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 pm
And... here's the thing... I'm pretty sure they not *not* supporting small business. It sounds like the distributor is making the stuff available to other retailers. They just might not be doing a particularly good job of it.
Despite their entertaining Mike's inquiries, I see no evidence of this. Technically, despite Bob's announcement, they have even yet to post them to Amazon US.
To be fair, we're not seeing evidence of ANYTHING, let alone whether or not they're supporting small businesses.

It's after midnight on the east coast. Technically it's July 24th. The links still aren't working.

Wait... Did they say the release date was July 25th?

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Hi folks

Bear with them they are new to this range. They have an amazon shop is linked to them directly but this is our and the BBC’s official Doctorwhotoy partner in the USA and they have a lot of experience. They have specially set up this website for the doctor who toys ... might be teething troubles but they have all the new stock and the blue top USA exclusive (Please ... do not throw hands at me!)

I know Mike and others made enquiries but this was a deal put together long ago and through official channels so until the announcement was made officially there Was no way to comment Back on it, but I can assure you it was not a last minute deal and it’s been very carefully coordinated. As I say they are slightly new to the overwhelming requirements of Doctor Who fans and collectors so let them sort a few glitches and everyone will be ticketyboo

Al.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:49 pm
Hi folks

Bear with them they are new to this range. They have an amazon shop is linked to them directly but this is our and the BBC’s official Doctorwhotoy partner in the USA and they have a lot of experience. They have specially set up this website for the doctor who toys ... might be teething troubles but they have all the new stock and the blue top USA exclusive (Please ... do not throw hands at me!)

I know Mike and others made enquiries but this was a deal put together long ago and through official channels so until the announcement was made officially there Was no way to comment Back on it, but I can assure you it was not a last minute deal and it’s been very carefully coordinated. As I say they are slightly new to the overwhelming requirements of Doctor Who fans and collectors so let them sort a few glitches and everyone will be ticketyboo

Al.
There's no better Al they could hope for than Al himself. Thank you for the update, roll on tomorrow! :)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:20 pm
Hi folks

Al.
There's no better Al they could hope for than Al himself. Thank you for the update, roll on tomorrow! :)
Indeed! Thanks, Al!

Also: "blue top USA exclusive"?????? :shock: :o :?:

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:37 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:20 pm
Hi folks

Al.
Indeed! Thanks, Al!

Also: "blue top USA exclusive"?????? :shock: :o :?:
Yeah, I kinda let "exclusive" pass. Is that where the 13th variant ended up? If so, well, glad I'd waited!

(What else could it be? Ryan/Yaz shirts? A Dalek dome? Doesn't fit for the other sets)

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin »

So we finally know what that blue top 13th Doctor figure was all about then?
i'm boring now

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Finally I have something to scalp on eBay!!!!

(Kidding. :) )