The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

TARDIS23

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by TARDIS23 »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:16 pm
Rose 2 - Actually she ended up with non articulated arms for two reasons .. we were still kind of finding our feet articulation wise but yes it was purely down to aesthetics and putting in wrist and arm articulation on such a slim arm would have made it look very 'gammy' so we decided not to.

The PVC parts are very tricky .. if they are loosely glued in they can be removed sometimes but ive had samples where they ripped or could not fully be removed and there are inserts to hold them in place even when not glued ... personally id never attempt a swap as there are too many variables and inevitable customisation compromises the figure in some way ...
Thanks for that very insightful :D one more thing is there any reason we didn’t get any 10 figures aside from the time crash and aged one with different coloured ties and shirts?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:54 pm
I dont want to answer questions relating to possible future variants as it could lead to so many issues .. id rather answer

why did you
what would you like etc ..

keeps it nice and clean and clear that way ... So to the Question what figure id have like to put in i have a top 3....

1/ Ogron! .... always loved them and they'd be blooming huge!
2/ Candyman
3/ Wiirn Noah with interchangeable arm and head parts ...
Thanks for the answers/insight! Aah, I'd have run out to buy any of those.....

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I've got to say, that would be right at the top of my wishlist too, like if I could go back to when FP were getting completely new figures and also somehow make myself be in charge of what got made there would be a Day Jo/Ogron 2 pack, or maybe like a 3 pack with open collar red jacket pertwee, that would have been the dream. Not doable with the nowadays setup, I know, but just imagine!

Rebel_Whovian101

Post by Rebel_Whovian101 »

I was just wondering why the choice was made to put cellotape around the second doctor TARDIS to secure it as opposed to the plastic that was used in prior releases. (Especially as I've seen that lots of people have had problems removing the tape as it removes the weathering/paint)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I dont want to answer questions relating to possible future variants as it could lead to so many issues .. id rather answer

why did you
what would you like etc ..
Couple of questions if I may...

1. Heads - what determines if a figure has a head with a peg embedded in the body compared to a head that pops on and off?

2. CO have a license for Doctor Who - what does that cover by default, and what has to be negotiated on top? Also when a figure is also a likeness of an actor do you have to negotiate further clearance with them? I'm assuming where major prosthetics are used, e.g. Davros, you do not need the actor's agreement?

3. Were Talon Tom''s trouser boots, Perri's longer arms and Capaldis mega boots errors that slipped through or conscious design decisions (maybe channeling the spirit of DaPol!)?

4. We often see claimed prototypes that are a multitude of different colours. If real, why do you use different colours rather than just the one colour? Are a set also painted up in different styles as part of the development process (I don't think I've ever seen these advertised)?

Thank you for any of the above you answer!
Last edited by Bundesrat on Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I have a question for Mr. Lurk

So... on these new companion figures that reuse the Primeval bodies, have the molds been permanently altered to have the new heads, or have they been altered so you can swap out head parts, like, modularly?

If that makes any sense. Which it may not.

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

I have a question!

It’s amazing and exciting seeing the B&M range turn into a more classic based range and sell really well, but what’s the likelyhood of getting some more RTD and Moffat era figures and in particular companions in new costumes like rose, Donna and Clara and maybe some Tennant variants in different coloured shirts and suit variants?

Or if you can’t answer that, what RTD and Moffat era figures would you like to do yourself?
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

2/ Candyman
3/ Wiirn Noah with interchangeable arm and head parts ...
Hard to argue with that list. Everyone wants the Kandyman, no?

I'd like to add to @Bundesrat's post about the license insofar as how far the license goes with film Daleks. Must you draw the link at the film claw? Is that veering into what a Canal+ license covers...or, do you actually hold that license?

However vague the answer must be, I appreciate it.

Lastly, rather than when will we see them, what are the reason we haven't seen a return, or reissue of B&W figures?

Give it to me straight, Doc. I can take it. *Swallows some burbon for the pain* ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Wholords2 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:31 pm
I have a question!

It’s amazing and exciting seeing the B&M range turn into a more classic based range and sell really well, but what’s the likelyhood of getting some more RTD and Moffat era figures and in particular companions in new costumes like rose, Donna and Clara and maybe some Tennant variants in different coloured shirts and suit variants?

Or if you can’t answer that, what RTD and Moffat era figures would you like to do yourself?
I agree! Yes please to more from the RTD era! Jackie Tyler is my most wanted from that era!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:30 pm
I agree! Yes please to more from the RTD era! Jackie Tyler is my most wanted from that era!
My biggest desire from the RTD era is a Union Jack shirt Rose, and you could probably make an acceptable one from the post-Primeval Yaz/Romana body. It was an iconic look for the character for a while there. Still basically is.

Jackie I can take or leave. :)

And I know they'll (understandably) never exist in plastic, but a "Family of Blood" set has always lived behind the mirror in my mind.:)