The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

skifflebits

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by skifflebits »

TOMFAN wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 pm
I did just mean the colour scheme, and not a whole new sculpt, although it would be nice!
I love unusual, non-screen colo(u)r schemes.

What are the chances of seeing more Daleks in colo(u)rs from the various comics?

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

How does rotocasting a solid figure compare cost-wise to the tooling for a figure with articulation?

Is it less? More? About the same?

Also: how much does the actual weight if the figure/set play into decisions on choosing figures and sets? (particularly economic-wise)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

For Luck's Sake wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:06 pm
How does rotocasting a solid figure compare cost-wise to the tooling for a figure with articulation?

Is it less? More? About the same?

Also: how much does the actual weight if the figure/set play into decisions on choosing figures and sets? (particularly economic-wise)
IIRC, the Terrestrial Toymaker said a few things about rotocast figures a while back, and I believe the upshot was rotocasting was a cheaper process in itself, but produced lower yields (i.e. more unusable figures), so cost-wise it was a wash.

But I could be wrong about that.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:55 am
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:06 pm
TOMFAN wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm
Are you only allowed to do Dalek paint schemes that appeared on tv? If not, I'd love some blue & silver versions, with their orange lights, from The Ultimate Adventure!

I wouldn't rule it out to be fair, we've had comic Daleks (8th Doctor and Dalek Alpha from the TRU set) and audio Daleks (the BF B&M sets) :)
I'd think it unlikely as they are very different to ordinary Daleks. Though I'd love to see one done properly.
A Davros skirt + The Mutants top half. No new sculpting, but no doubt a new cast- unless the CD skirts are seperate to the tops.
Ideally just new tooling, though.

BoundryHopper

Post by BoundryHopper »

Are there more of the latest B&M wave coming? They are proving virtually impossible to get!!
:evil: #SAYNOTOSCALPERS :twisted:

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

DalekCheese wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:04 pm
Dalekoddjob wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:55 am
CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:06 pm

I wouldn't rule it out to be fair, we've had comic Daleks (8th Doctor and Dalek Alpha from the TRU set) and audio Daleks (the BF B&M sets) :)
I'd think it unlikely as they are very different to ordinary Daleks. Though I'd love to see one done properly.
A Davros skirt + The Mutants top half. No new sculpting, but no doubt a new cast- unless the CD skirts are seperate to the tops.
Ideally just new tooling, though.
The top and bottom halves are not separate though. The standard Daleks are basically 3 pieces of 2 sides and gun box area plus neck rings head and base. But I do now wonder if its possible to do as a custom if you can get hold of a Davros.

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Al could you please shed some light on this. A new 12th Dr and Davros set has been found in a store in Australia. I guess it's a store like our BandMs. What's the story with this? Exclusive to Aus or will the UK be getting it. Also, are there any differences with the figures compared to their original release. Thank you

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:18 am
Al could you please shed some light on this. A new 12th Dr and Davros set has been found in a store in Australia. I guess it's a store like our BandMs. What's the story with this? Exclusive to Aus or will the UK be getting it. Also, are there any differences with the figures compared to their original release. Thank you
Odd typo on it giving an erroneous air date, but lovely otherwise...even if were it a fake. ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Hi

Unfortunately yet another release has been blown on us by over zealous customers overseas. There is an official announcement coming soon was meant to be Friday but could be as soon as today? Its all a bit unfortunate really ... its not an AU exclusive .. that in itself would be extraordinary!...

Wait for the announcement and I’m sure you’ll all be pleased

Al

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:51 pm
Hi

Unfortunately yet another release has been blown on us by over zealous customers overseas. There is an official announcement coming soon was meant to be Friday but could be as soon as today? Its all a bit unfortunate really ... its not an AU exclusive .. that in itself would be extraordinary!...

Wait for the announcement and I’m sure you’ll all be pleased

Al
HE HAS SPOKEN