Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:53 am
BoundryHopper wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 am
Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:39 pm
QUESTION FOR THE LURKER - You've mentioned which classic series stories you'd like to make sets around, are there any new series stories you'd do the same thing for?

im honestly not sure as the New series was/is well catered for at the time and although less so now there are always new figures ... There's not as many (some will disagree) NS stories that are that easy to mine for multiple characters and iconic props that we haven't done already ...
I'd disagree a bit there... we need the 2 latest Cyberman styles (Nightmare in Silver & Ascension of the Cybermen/The Timeless Children), the new look zygons, Security Drone Daleks (Revolution of the Daleks), the new look Ice Warriors. Make them available in suitable army building packs and the money should roll in. Then there is the latest incarnation of the Master "The Dhawan Master", The Ice Queen/empress, Ashan (Cyberman).
So in fairness, I do agree with the Lurker assessment of the New Series sets/figures....

....if we make exceptions for the Zygons, Ice Warriors, 7b-10 Cybermen and Series 12 Cyberwarriors. And the Series 10 Simm Master and Dhawan Master. And Nardole.

And frankly, every single one I've mentioned can be repacked with different characters; The first three alone can be paired with 2 different Doctors. (Three for the Zygons - 10, 11, and 12).
I'd also add the CyberMasters and the Ruth Doctor to that. For the first one, they may be a divisive invention but nevertheless they are a new Cyber model that is essentially the CyberWarrior body with a cloak and new head, and the latter is a new incarnation of the show's main character. Granted, she's not a main cast role BUT she has featured in the same amount of episodes on screen as the War Doctor and he got a figure...

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I kinda agree that there's not really any NuWho story that I'm desperately after getting the multipack, outside of the Doctor Falls. Generally, with the NuWho figures folks are after, it's generally a single figure from a single story we're after. I mean, take Nightmare in Silver, we're only really after the 2013 Cybermen, we're not asking for Mr Clever or Angie and Arty. Which I think is the point people have kinda missed here, the question was in specific reference to hypothetical NuWho sets based on a story.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

doctor falls would make a great set, it would make a great set of sets, Nardole's best outfit, capaldi's best outfit, updated mondasian cyberman, pretend that's cyberbill maybe that could be a tardis team set, then john simm master, pre cyberman patient and a NIS style cyberboi that could be the other set. I'd buy the heck out of those, however you mix and matched those 6 figures between the sets.

Jamie1D

Post by Jamie1D »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:15 pm
doctor falls would make a great set, it would make a great set of sets, Nardole's best outfit, capaldi's best outfit, updated mondasian cyberman, pretend that's cyberbill maybe that could be a tardis team set, then john simm master, pre cyberman patient and a NIS style cyberboi that could be the other set. I'd buy the heck out of those, however you mix and matched those 6 figures between the sets.
Honestly this would be the dream set. I kind of want to see the new series gaps filled more than I do the classic... :o

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

The bulk of things I'd like that we don't have are classic, but if the new series capaldi is the one I feel is most underrepresented in my collection, he's the only doctor without his own dalek, his longest serving companion got a very generic outfit for her figure, one companion didn't get a release, three types of Cyberman, three different ice warrior options and the zygons and simm master turning up all those would be more than welcome. S1-5 I could barely think of more than a handful of figures I'd like to see, 6 and 7 have a few more but capaldis run is a desert with a few doctor missy and bull oases to keep us alive

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:53 pm
...with a few doctor missy and bull oases to keep us alive
Oh man, now I want a "Bull Oasis" playset from the 12th Doctor's unaired adventure "Desert of the Nimon." :)

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

For new series sets I’d like a Good man goes to war set 11 with blue shirt and red the which we haven’t had, the cyber leader and maybe approximate a Vastra using the existing Silurian bits and some changes to the body. However if we’re not living strictly in the realm of the feasible id like Madam Kovarian, and a Roman Rory from that story too and Jenny from pretty much any of her episodes.
That brings me on to another new series set the paternoster gang from any episodes would be fine.
Another one I’ve always really wanted is Green coat 11 if it had to be in a story set a handbot and an old Amy would be cool alternatively the more likely option a couple of corroded cybermen would do the job, even if they aren’t the most wanted I’d justify the purchase just for that Doctor variant.
Not really much else for 11 I can think of aside from the often mentioned big hitter monsters.
For 12 more Doctor variants would be welcome particularly series 10 ones I’d like the grey battered looking jacket even if it’s just a repaint of the sculpt we already have I also really like the pyramid at the end of the world version with the red shirt and sunglasses so I’d go for that, Nardole and a monk for that story.
For the grey coat do an extremis version with the same 3 figures just a variant of each. Then just a twice upon a time doctors set would be amazing with 12, David Bradley 1 and regenerated 13.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Nice ideas guys and gals. I’d just reiterate what someone else mentioned which is the question was about sets specifically... there are some good ideas there especially the Capaldi ones though I’d counter argue that there are some great single figure ideas in there but the degree of investment is huge ... although we are talking hypothetically anyway.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Yeah, I kind of lot track of what thread this was and went into wishful thinking mode, sorry about that

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

We all need wishful thinking