Who (maybe) took their name from a song by The Village People
Who are most famous for their hit Y.M.C.A
Which Al knows will lead us all to think of Y.A.N.A

Which of course this year stands for,,,,,

Yes! A New Ainley!!!

JamieBate

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by JamieBate »

Are there any figures, paint schemes being too expensive aside, that categorically wouldn’t work for B&M and aren’t likely to be rereleased? I’m thinking the Axon/Krynoid/Drashig/electronic Sutekh/K1 Robot/Mechanoid/Gel Guard/Fendahleen? I’d assume all of the above. (Really I want to know so I can buy some now before they get anymore expensive!)

EndlessTimelord

Post by EndlessTimelord »

I will have gone to heaven if we see the day of some more Capaldi stuff. A Series 10 variant and Nardole would be very welcome and any monster, I'd take :D Would kill for a Cyberman though. It was my favourite design of them- that is quite a hot-take! :lol:

I feel in the realms of a B&M and story-specific sets, I feel like we could get Twice Upon a Time split into 2 sets.

Twice Upon a Time 3 Pack:
The Doctor (battered Navy Velvet Coat look)
Bill (I feel using the second edition classic Sarah Jane would work fantastically)
The Captain (New head on 3 Docs Brigadier body)

Twice Upon a Time TARDIS set:
Bradley 1st Doctor (new head-on existing body. MAYBE alternate Hartnell head for those who wish to have a cloaked Hartnell?)
TARDIS (New roof and/or lamp potentially?)

You could also do a UNIT 2015 set with a Kate, Osgood, and Clara, or Soldier too! Ahh, one can dream! :D

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

This thread has been truly and utterly derailed, more derailed than my currently boxed model trains.

In an attempt to rescue the thread, I have spent many an hour coming up with a question, a glorious question.

Were Lady Christina or the Fly-headed Creatures from the Planet of the Dead ever considered as figures? If so, did they reach the sculpting/design stage?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

The Outcast wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 pm
This thread has been truly and utterly derailed, more derailed than my currently boxed model trains.

In an attempt to rescue the thread, I have spent many an hour coming up with a question, a glorious question.

Were Lady Christina or the Fly-headed Creatures from the Planet of the Dead ever considered as figures? If so, did they reach the sculpting/design stage?
Ooh, we know there was a Cybershade ("The Next Doctor") & Andy after water exposure ("The Waters of Mars") prototyped, so if they can be spoken of I'd be curious to hear of any other 2009 concepts ("Planet of the Dead" or otherwise) as well.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

QUESTION FOR EL LURKO DARKO: Regarding those Big Finish Dalek packs -- Did Big Finish approach CO, or did CO approach Big Finish?

Just curious. :)

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:13 am
Nice ideas guys and gals. I’d just reiterate what someone else mentioned which is the question was about sets specifically... there are some good ideas there especially the Capaldi ones though I’d counter argue that there are some great single figure ideas in there but the degree of investment is huge ... although we are talking hypothetically anyway.
This almost sounds as if there's something more "economical" you are waiting for us to suggest before acceding to.

So, in case no one has asked this before....what's on the short list of things you're waiting for us to ask for that you can clearly say yes to? :lol:
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

I’m not waiting on anything.....

In regards to ‘Were Lady Christina or the Fly-headed Creatures from the Planet of the Dead ever considered as figures? If so, did they reach the sculpting/design stage?’ The answer is no to Lady Christina but we did consider the Tritovores ... though not for long. We were so behind in getting the information on that last set of stories

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:53 pm
I’m not waiting on anything.....

In regards to ‘Were Lady Christina or the Fly-headed Creatures from the Planet of the Dead ever considered as figures? If so, did they reach the sculpting/design stage?’ The answer is no to Lady Christina but we did consider the Tritovores ... though not for long. We were so behind in getting the information on that last set of stories
That's fascinating and lines up with everything I've been told/read about the Specials constantly being rejigged. Specific to "Planet", I remember leaked concept Tritovore art being more insectoid, a la "The Web Planet". The Davies era solution of "Put em in a Boiler suit" probably came late in the day.

Lurker Question that I'm sure all the New Series fans will appreciate; Is there an "I'd personally make that figure but it's not a practical choice" New Series character you personally would've had made? To be clear, I'm not talking about the obvious gaps (NIS Cyberman) or impractical too-large ones (Dalek Emperor, for example) - I'm talking totally random, 2nd tier character that you'd have done, but there were better or bigger production priorities first. Santa. Clara's nan. Solomon the Trader. Lynda with a 'y'. Angie and Arty (just kidding, no one wants them. ;) ).

I prefer the discussions on the Classic Series and its line overall myself, but I know the New Series fans on here like the love/answers too.

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Post deleted.
Last edited by TV8 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.