The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Mastersclanger

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by Mastersclanger »

SJF wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:34 pm
Mastersclanger wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:15 pm
Hello Al, Could you tell me what paint they use for the figures, thanks. Also as for the puffy shoulders for a Master figure what about Francesco from Vampires of Venice?
I’m not Al but Francesco doesn’t have puffy shoulders and his costume is practically nothing like Ainley’s. Like he’s wearing boots and has a long tunic and a cape.
Thank you for the reply, I'm writing about the tunic he wears and the shoulders can be filed down and new legs added in effect a custom. ;)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Mastersclanger wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 pm
SJF wrote:
Mastersclanger wrote:
Hello Al, Could you tell me what paint they use for the figures, thanks. Also as for the puffy shoulders for a Master figure what about Francesco from Vampires of Venice?
I’m not Al but Francesco doesn’t have puffy shoulders and his costume is practically nothing like Ainley’s. Like he’s wearing boots and has a long tunic and a cape.
Thank you for the reply, I'm writing about the tunic he wears and the shoulders can be filed down and new legs added in effect a custom. ;)
We could avoid the whole shoulder situation by using a Sixth Doctor ‘Revelation of the Daleks’ cape and release a Five Doctors Master figure.

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co ... th-doctor/

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:35 pm
Mastersclanger wrote:
SJF wrote:

We could avoid the whole shoulder situation by using a Sixth Doctor ‘Revelation of the Daleks’ cape and release a Five Doctors Master figure.

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co ... th-doctor/
Honestly, looking at my "Revelation" 6th I'd prefer an Ainley Master just be given a new cloak wrap to accommodate the "5 Doctors" look. A new wrap is at least conceivable with current production we've seen.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Mastersclanger wrote:
SJF wrote:
Mastersclanger wrote:
Filed down
Not really, no.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Colin's "Revelation" cloak is significantly different from Ainley's cloak in "Five Doctors." No collar. Actual pointy design near the top. Big old curly-cues along the edges.

I mean, in this age of reuse, it might work, but... it's kind of a stretch.

If the only option is a new vinyl wrap and no new arm sculpts, I'd say do a "Survival" Master so at least we'd have that. Include a skull. Maybe do a cat-eyed variant. etc. etc.

GSD

Post by GSD »

Truth be told, I'd prefer a Survival Master anyway. As 'iconic' as the Traken look may be, the Survival outfit is just a better outfit.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

GSD wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Truth be told, I'd prefer a Survival Master anyway. As 'iconic' as the Traken look may be, the Survival outfit is just a better outfit.
I’d happily take that if it meant an affordable figure, but in any ideal world it would be the iconic look.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Yeah, survival is about as desirable as the POF look, he wore it once, it's a nice thing to have, but I'd always favour a more iconic outfit over a one-off, unless the one-off was really something amazing, then I'd be angling for both.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

Does the mold for the Mechanoids (Mechonoids? Proper Spelling?) still exist or did it get scrapped?

If it does exist, what is the likelihood that we'll ever see them again as figures?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I would love so much to see the mechanoid get a reissue, one of the things I most regret missing out on, as I try to plug the gaps in my collection things like that jump out as things I'd really like but can't afford second hand