The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Bundesrat

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by Bundesrat »

Thank you once again for answering our questions!

rowie4life

Post by rowie4life »

And...

...gone.
Last edited by rowie4life on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Not sure if you can answer this, but what's the greatest compliment you've had from someone involved in Who, on a figure? The old DVD extra of Tennant talking about his still makes me smile (and he's one of us! With a Kenobi figure in the background :lol: )

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I hope this doesn't come across too negative, but I was wondering how Benton ended up being a sergeant in the unit 1975 set, when he got promoted up to WO1 in Robot back at the end of '74. Was that an oversight? Or was it more like people remember him as sergeant more so just the decision was to make him sergeant in every set? Just curious, I watched the video you made, but you don't mention it in that.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Is the head on the Kroll Romana I different? Every picture I see of it, the hair looks different or something. It’s bugging me because I can’t tell whether it’s just new paint apps playing tricks or if there is actually a difference in the sculpt.

Also while I’m here, which Romana I figure was concierges first? Or were they both decided upon at the same time?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Question for the Lurker

Looking back at the Classic Series releases, is there ever 1 (or 2) that stand out as "I wish I would've done that a different way"? An outfit choice, an accessory not included, or a different facial look for example?

And, thank you for continuing to answer these! :)

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

rowie4life wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:44 pm
What were the case break down for the last wave of B&M exclusives? Were they one set per case? Because my local only got the "Friend and Foe" set and the B&M in the next town over only got the "Companions of the 4th" sets. I had to get a lift from my sister to the Walsgrave store, to get the rest. On the way back, we missed a turning and ended up on going to Leicester, i think it was. :D :lol:
I can answer this one because I saw them being unpacked once, each pallet contained copies of the same set.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Q - How often do you get inspiration from ideas posted on forums like this?
A - Never as ive said before i avoid any customs and ideas being bandied about like the plague ..
As Al routainley avoids reading such posts we will need to find a more subtle way to influence the mastermind of this range.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Q - Do you ever check ebay or trading forums to see what figures are selling for high prices to get a sense of the demand for a figure, character or era?
A - no but i hear of stuff ... which is when we do a rerelease i try not to tread on the toes of previous editions that have become rare or valuable ...
Um...aren't those which we all want, would buy, and are cheaper than new or retooled figures? :!: ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Question for the Lurk:

Were you and your team inspired by any existing action figure lines or previous Who merchandise when developing the Classic figures line?