The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

DrDoak

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by DrDoak »

Hay Al thanks for everything you do for us this year has been the best year for figures (Not saying the other ones were bad haha) but I do have a certain question please. As we know the demand for Doctor Who figure's is massive from what I've seen, we all owe B&M a huge debt and also you guys but after the success of the Mechanus Daleks have you ever thought about moving the market to your online store or the BBC store or even Amazon?? I understand if you can't answer the question because their are many but hoped to give it a chance here many thanks for everything

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

DrDoak wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:53 pm
Hay Al thanks for everything you do for us this year has been the best year for figures (Not saying the other ones were bad haha) but I do have a certain question please. As we know the demand for Doctor Who figure's is massive from what I've seen, we all owe B&M a huge debt and also you guys but after the success of the Mechanus Daleks have you ever thought about moving the market to your online store or the BBC store or even Amazon?? I understand if you can't answer the question because their are many but hoped to give it a chance here many thanks for everything
(Was not the BBC Store, at least in the USA, supposed to have had the new stuff; maybe from GOGS1? I don't think I saw that happen).
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

Al probably can’t answer this one, but I’ll try anyway

This year has been huge for Doctor who figures and we’ve been very lucky, so is this year done when it comes to who figures, or can we expect anymore little surprises before the end of the year?
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

A question for Mr Lurker:

What's the "brief" (as they say in the design biz) from B&M for their sets? Just curious what their specific requirements are. Partly so I can know what not to hope for. :)

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Hi Al, none of the South West b&m stores have any of the latest sets this is from Bristol downwards and all of Cornwall. I wasn't sure if there was a distribution issue or if they are just very slow? Thought I would bring it to your attention. Many thanks.

TOMFAN

Post by TOMFAN »

Are you only allowed to do Dalek paint schemes that appeared on tv? If not, I'd love some blue & silver versions, with their orange lights, from The Ultimate Adventure!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

That is a really nice colour scheme. They did a dalek from the comics once, and some big finish ones, so I feel like they might be able to do that. I'm sure Mr Lurk will know, though

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:25 pm
That is a really nice colour scheme. They did a dalek from the comics once, and some big finish ones, so I feel like they might be able to do that. I'm sure Mr Lurk will know, though
I thought it was "Terrestrial Toymaker"? ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

TOMFAN wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm
Are you only allowed to do Dalek paint schemes that appeared on tv? If not, I'd love some blue & silver versions, with their orange lights, from The Ultimate Adventure!

I wouldn't rule it out to be fair, we've had comic Daleks (8th Doctor and Dalek Alpha from the TRU set) and audio Daleks (the BF B&M sets) :)

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

What was the reasoning behind doing capaldi without the waistcoat and would you like to eventually do the waistcoat
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade