Eaglemoss Dr Who Figurines

TheOnComingStorm

Eaglemoss Dr Who Figurines

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Hello, I thought I would start a thread discussing the Eaglemoss Figurines. It is looking likely that this collection will end at 200. Does anyone here collect these figurines and what would you hope to see before Issue 200, which is rumoured to be The Watcher.

Bundesrat

Re: Eaglemoss Dr Who Figurines

Post by Bundesrat »

When it first launched I looked at the 11th Doctor figures our local ASDA and was not very impressed. I also thought it would be focussed on NuWho which I had no real interest in. Now I’ve seen what it became I wish I had started a subscription :lol:

I’d like to see some photos of peoples collections - I expect they take up quite a bit of shelf space!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

The quality DEFINITELY got better. Said Eleventh Doctor almost looked like a caricature, and given how fleeting most attention was to the classic series with other publications and collections at the time (I figured Doctors and maybe main monsters, probably) I also took a pass.

I know a lot of people love them, and good for them. For a time they certainly looked like they were filling a void Character and the 5" range weren't going to be able too.

I know it would've been prohibitively expensive, but it's a missed opportunity that the range weren't scaled up to match 5.5 inch. Yes, I know - cost, shipping, etc. But imagine how many Daleks, deluxe figures, and TARDIS consoles they would've sold to people like me who didn't bite at the beginning, but had a solid 5.5 inch collection....

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Yes if they were 5.5 inch they would be even better! However, they are beauties for the scale they are in. I have every figurine and I'll post some photos soon! :)

Curveball...now Neil Correy is saying it could go past 200 issues! Nothing is confirmed at this point!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:08 pm
Yes if they were 5.5 inch they would be even better! However, they are beauties for the scale they are in. I have every figurine and I'll post some photos soon! :)

Curveball...now Neil Correy is saying it could go past 200 issues! Nothing is confirmed at this point!
I'd be surprised if they chose not to go past 200, I know they just transitioned to strictly subscriptions, so it's not like they take a newsstand hit or distributor expense. If their base justifies their expense with profit, why not?
Last edited by Spannerintheworks on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Haven't dipped into the Eaglemoss figures because, well, the lack of articulation is kind of an anti-draw for me, but I love their Star Trek ships, so I may be persuaded on a few.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

I bought Davros back in the day. Then I bought the 9th Doctor era Emperor Dalek. Their size goes so well with the 3.75 range. So I decided to get the Lucie Miller set with Dalek Time Controller.
The Doctor is really badly painted. I appreciate its been painted by numbers but its atrocious. I also realise they are not the same size as the 3.75 figures as the TC Dalek is a head shorter than the 3.75 Daleks. I cant have a Dalek leader having the mick taken by the other Daleks because he is short!
Last edited by Koth2 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Koth2 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:36 pm
I bought Davros back in the day. Then I bought the 9th Doctor era Emperor Dalek. Their size goes so well with the 3.75 range. So I decided to get the Lucie Miller set with Dalek Time Controller.
The Doctor is really badly painted. I appreciate its been painted by numbers but its atrocious. I also realise they are not the same size as the 3.75 figures as the TC Dalek is a head shorter than the 3.75 Daleks. I cant have a Dalek leader having the mick taken by the other Daleks because heas short!
The purple looks to be a good match for GW ‘xereus purple’ if you want to try to rectify the paintjob?

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Its a lost cause, but may try it if I do a custom. Thanks.