The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Emperor Omega

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Emperor Omega »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:42 pm
I'm sure there'll be enough to go around as long as the scalpers dont get their claws in too deep.
From what I've seen, those rat lickers have already started. Trying to sell them at double the price.

I wonder though, why didn't CO put a cap on how many a single customer could buy? A limit of 3-4 per customer sounds fair, right?

BoundryHopper

Post by BoundryHopper »

Emperor Omega wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:17 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:42 pm
I'm sure there'll be enough to go around as long as the scalpers dont get their claws in too deep.
From what I've seen, those rat lickers have already started. Trying to sell them at double the price.

I wonder though, why didn't CO put a cap on how many a single customer could buy? A limit of 3-4 per customer sounds fair, right?
I suspect because ultimately they are a business and their priority is to sell as many as possible. A quick check showed that you can order up to 500 sets at a time!

Considering they are still available you've got to be an idiot to buy from the scalpers!

#SAYNOTOSCALPERS
:evil: #SAYNOTOSCALPERS :twisted:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I do wish they could stop the scalpers from buying silly numbers, but I guess from their point of view a sale is a sale

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Anyone notice how all the images except the fourth one (just the two Daleks together) look very brightly coloured? I wonder which image the final products will be closest to?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I've noticed that too, and I imagine that either the majority are accurate and the last one is a mistake, or that the majority have had their contrast increased, like the B&M sets, and of slipped by without editing.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega »

I know one thing for certain. None of my Mechanus Daleks will be repainted to make the Leaders.

I'll just upgrade my old Black Dalek custom & make the Red Dalek from scratch.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:15 am
I do wish they could stop the scalpers from buying silly numbers, but I guess from their point of view a sale is a sale
I'm glad we aren't restricted to one, though. While you Brits can order a plunger or something to make up for free shipping, we yanks are stuck with over £11 shipping, and thankfully, if you order two sets, it remains unchanged. Add that VAT is removed for foreign addresses, and two sets work out to about the same as two Dalek sets from Amazon right now. I guess that's the sweet spot of just the right amount of Daleks. ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I'm glad we aren't restricted to one, though. While you Brits can order a plunger or something to make up for free shipping, we yanks are stuck with over £11 shipping, and thankfully, if you order two sets, it remains unchanged. Add that VAT is removed for foreign addresses, and two sets work out to about the same as two Dalek sets from Amazon right now. I guess that's the sweet spot of just the right amount of Daleks. ;)
buying 2 is fine, buying 3 is permissable but I might give you a disapprovoing look, buying 4 is kind of wide, and if you buy 5 or more you go to jail. That is the sliding scale for how many sets people can buy.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:52 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 pm
Deborah J wrote:
buying 2 is fine, buying 3 is permissable but I might give you a disapprovoing look, buying 4 is kind of wide, and if you buy 5 or more you go to jail. That is the sliding scale for how many sets people can buy.
Once in jail, will Character deliver to me? Really, the question I should have started with.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

they will deliver you daleks, but instead of getting the movie style ones you get new series daleks painted up like movie daleks. And not the nice revised 2008 sculpt, the original new series dalek figure with the oversized gun, plunger and eye.