The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

For Luck's Sake
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 am

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:07 am

Me and the exacto knife are old friends.
SLOW-LY steps away from Theta Sigma.......

User avatar
Theta Sigma
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Theta Sigma »

For Luck's Sake wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:07 am

Me and the exacto knife are old friends.
SLOW-LY steps away from Theta Sigma.......
Why? Because I have a little necklace of bits of clamshell package from past victims? Perfectly normal...
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 3349
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Deborah J »

First time I tried opening something with clamshell packaging I sliced my hand open, I remember being really dismayed when CO swapped the figures to that type of packaging in 2008 because I thought that was going to be a recipe for disaster, I was going to end up sliced and diced every which way. I guess time had the last laugh there?
Image

User avatar
Theta Sigma
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Theta Sigma »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 pm
First time I tried opening something with clamshell packaging I sliced my hand open, I remember being really dismayed when CO swapped the figures to that type of packaging in 2008 because I thought that was going to be a recipe for disaster, I was going to end up sliced and diced every which way. I guess time had the last laugh there?
Well, one bad storm, and a B&M shop has to write off all their Doctor Who stock. Meanwhile, if they were still clamshelled, a hurricane in one hemisphere is a beachcomber's dream in another.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 3349
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Deborah J »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:02 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 pm
First time I tried opening something with clamshell packaging I sliced my hand open, I remember being really dismayed when CO swapped the figures to that type of packaging in 2008 because I thought that was going to be a recipe for disaster, I was going to end up sliced and diced every which way. I guess time had the last laugh there?
Well, one bad storm, and a B&M shop has to write off all their Doctor Who stock. Meanwhile, if they were still clamshelled, a hurricane in one hemisphere is a beachcomber's dream in another.
Yeah, the day I got most of my B&M stuff was a really rainy day and my mum insisted on going out to the garden centre in the store while we were there, with the figures uncovered in my trolley, the packaging ended up in a dreadful mess by the time I got them bought and home.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2132
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:36 am
Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:02 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 pm
First time I tried opening something with clamshell packaging I sliced my hand open, I remember being really dismayed when CO swapped the figures to that type of packaging in 2008 because I thought that was going to be a recipe for disaster, I was going to end up sliced and diced every which way. I guess time had the last laugh there?
Well, one bad storm, and a B&M shop has to write off all their Doctor Who stock. Meanwhile, if they were still clamshelled, a hurricane in one hemisphere is a beachcomber's dream in another.
Yeah, the day I got most of my B&M stuff was a really rainy day and my mum insisted on going out to the garden centre in the store while we were there, with the figures uncovered in my trolley, the packaging ended up in a dreadful mess by the time I got them bought and home.
Lucky for you only bad people keep the toys in the package.
Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 3349
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:36 am
Theta Sigma wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:02 am


Well, one bad storm, and a B&M shop has to write off all their Doctor Who stock. Meanwhile, if they were still clamshelled, a hurricane in one hemisphere is a beachcomber's dream in another.
Yeah, the day I got most of my B&M stuff was a really rainy day and my mum insisted on going out to the garden centre in the store while we were there, with the figures uncovered in my trolley, the packaging ended up in a dreadful mess by the time I got them bought and home.
Lucky for you only bad people keep the toys in the package.
I do like to keep hold of the boxes, though, even though I take the figures out
Image

For Luck's Sake
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 am

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:02 pm
For Luck's Sake wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:07 am

Me and the exacto knife are old friends.
SLOW-LY steps away from Theta Sigma.......
Why? Because I have a little necklace of bits of clamshell package from past victims?
I thought you were just happy to see me.

For Luck's Sake
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 am

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:45 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:36 am


Yeah, the day I got most of my B&M stuff was a really rainy day and my mum insisted on going out to the garden centre in the store while we were there, with the figures uncovered in my trolley, the packaging ended up in a dreadful mess by the time I got them bought and home.
Lucky for you only bad people keep the toys in the package.
I do like to keep hold of the boxes, though, even though I take the figures out
With the beautiful dioramas a certain Lurker puts so much effort in making, it would be a crime against cultural heritage to tear them up or throw them away.

Whovastron
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 am

Re: The Jungles of Mechanus Dalek set

Post by Whovastron »

Haven’t gotten an email back from character yet, I feel like the sets might run out before there’s a chance of me getting an exchange. :(

Post Reply