A wee present for you all

Dalekoddjob

Re: A wee present for you all

Post by Dalekoddjob »

What a wonderful gesture from a genuinly nice guy!

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

So a wee test print later has thrown up some issues .. i need to thicken up a bunch of stuff so it prints robustly enough but the scale seems pretty good going off images of the 4th doctor on the Dias resting his hand on the rail ... the rail being one of the slightly too frail parts .. in general though its a good model and fits together very nicely.

the general pieces are all there now though so its pretty much complete bar the scanner screen

Al

Last edited by Lurker at the Edge on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:20 am
So a wee test print later has thrown up some issues .. i need to thicken up a bunch of stuff so it prints robustly enough but the scale seems pretty good going off images of the 4th doctor on the Dias resting his hand on the rail ... the rail being one of the slightly too frail parts .. in general though its a good model and fits together very nicely.

the general pieces are all there now though so its pretty much complete bar the scanner screen

Al

I think I'm in love

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

if everything seems ok i'll convert all the parts to STL's and i'll upload the we transfer next week.

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

Now this is gorgeous :shock:

I’m still holding out for someone sharing a file of the 7b Matt smith/Capaldi console! That would be a dream!
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

That looks amazing!!! Now I just need a 3D printer

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

So a wee test print later has thrown up some issues .. i need to thicken up a bunch of stuff so it prints robustly enough but the scale seems pretty good going off images of the 4th doctor on the Dias resting his hand on the rail ... the rail being one of the slightly too frail parts ..
IIRC, when "3Dprintingdoctorwho" tried a version of this console room, the rail gave him trouble as well. I think his ultimate solution was to use actual brass wire (or something?), but that does take away from the idea of this being a 100% self-contained printable model.

But day-um, this model looks gooooooooooooooooood!

Thanks, Al! :) This is absolutely amazing!

Barnaby Bright

Post by Barnaby Bright »

Al
What an amazing gesture! And the design work is jaw-dropping. For the record, I'd buy this if there ever was a commercial release or a print on demand release. Just wonderful.

On another note, this year's figures have been an expected joy for so many of us. A light in a lot of darkness. So, thank you!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

This is just incredible, I don't have a 3D printer myself but I'm superexcited to see how other people get on making this, it's going to be so nice

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Upgraded the bed on my printer the other day and it seems to be working well so i'll definitely be printing this when you release it!