The best figures...

skifflebits

Re: The best figures...

Post by skifflebits » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 pm

I just pulled my "Enemies of the First Doctor" set out of storage, and I have to say just how fab the Dalek and Cyberman figures are in that set.

They make me smile just looking at them.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Avon

Post by Avon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Decided to add a few more, based on a few things:

I'd say both Linx and Styre, in their original releases, are perfect. The B&M ones are fantastic too, and the only one's I have, but I can recognize with the original paint apps, they'd be pretty much perfect, Styre especially

Any of the 6th Doctors - hear me out, look at how crazy that coat is! I've been watching back more sixie stuff and it's fantastic how they got the jacket right, I have the original release/Attack 2 pack/Vervoids and the latter two are the best likeness wise, personally

Shada 4 - This is just me personally speaking, but that's "my" fourth doctor. He's got the serious look, and quite honestly, the best likeness we're ever going to get on a Tom, he's got the chestnut brown coat, the white shirt, the boots and the big crazy scarf, but in the vibrant colours, which works perfectly for a mid era Tom from late 15 to the end of season 17.

I'm also going to add the Seeds of Doom Tom, I'd forgotten A, how much he wore that coat and B, just how amazing the detail was on the jacket, amazing stuff, great likeness, and, nice hat!

SJF

Post by SJF » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:43 pm

The Sixth Doctor figures are bizarre.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:18 pm

SJF wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:43 pm
:?:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:59 pm

SJF wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:43 pm
The one thing that annoys me about those the original version anyway is the waistcoat pattern going up to the collar.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm

True.., and the complete inability to stand up right on all of them, unless you mess around with the posing, and I never clocked the waistcoat, maybe I should've thought that nomination through :lol:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Actually, I never knew that the original and attack releases were different. What are the differences?

SJF

Post by SJF » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:53 pm

I don’t think there is a difference.

What annoyed me more was his weird proportions and whatever way those legs were sculpted, rather than the waistcoat shirt.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:56 pm

On mine, at least, and I'm not the best person to ask as my original sixie I played with as a kid so has some war wounds, whereas Attack was bought new a few years ago, basically, one or two panels of pink I think are slightly toned down, there's a dark wash over areas of the jacket, like mud which adds depth to the arms especially (appropriate for a stroll through the sewers), and the head's a better likeness, just slightly, due to being painted better, I can take some pictures, if anyone wants

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 pm

The big letdown with the colin figures for me is how out of scale they are. I set out all my doctors in height order just for fun recently, to see where they are relatively to each other and how that compares to their real heights, and Colin an Pcaps were the two furthest out, colin is between pat troughton and john hurt, which would make him a little over 5'7, but irl he's 6 feet, its crazy.