I'm still 10 hours from when I can get to B&M, the wait is killing me

Danoftardis

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:19 pm
Lepter1 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:19 pm
This is the worse part for me. Loads of people finding and displaying sets.....photos of scalpers with tons of boxes.....but having to keep going in to visit my b&m every day with nothing. I hate the wait.
You have just put into words what I have been feeling
This is exactly how I felt last year with the Pertwee TARDIS, a very horrible experience I must say.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm gonna give it a week & then go back to Ipswich.

Hopefully, they'll have shifted some of the Cybermen & put out the Sontarans.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:32 pm

From what I've determined, the amount of sets are going to fluctuate over the week, but I imagine they'll stabilise by next weekend. If you can't wait until then, try your luck, it's really pot luck whether they have any sets in. Many have said that there are sets over on the merchandise site only for people to follow up hours later with them being empty.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Glenrothes (as of 1 hour ago) has 10 Harry sets, 11 Silver Nemesis and 3 War Doctor.

By contrast there was only 1 Second Doctor set left (it was mixed in amongst the Silver Nemsis sets so I was lucky I looked through them all). I Don't know why they should sell out faster than the others - maybe they were put out earlier and a scalper took all those they could find but missed the one I got?

They've had everything in then at this store, and when I got the TARDIS sets the Manager re-ordered so I expect more will be coming in.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:18 pm

At least the scalpers are making B&M and CO think this is profitable.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Still nothing.., I still have faith "I believe in silicon heaven! I believe in an afterlife!" :lol: I did get the new 10th sonic that has some weird sound effects, maybe I need to switch the demo batteries. Great to have one after my original got trashed in a world book day fight a lifetime ago :lol:. Popped into Asda next door, and fulfilled a lifelong ambition to point a sonic at a door and watch it swooosh open, childish, crazy but worth it haha. It feels a lot more solid than my original did, better coloring, all round more robust etc.

Those pictures are fantastic! Thank you for those, literally can't wait to get these! Harry looks spectacular, Sontarans look like a great compromise between something different for people who have them/something semi accurate for those that don't, watched the Time Warrior DVD upscaled last night and Linx does look almost that shiny and pale in a few of the outside shots around episode 2/3 (and some of the publicity pictures). Soon as I find anything I'll let everyone know, as at least Sparrow is semi near my area.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Avon wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 pm
my original got trashed in a world book day fight a lifetime ago

Relatable?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 pm
Avon wrote:

Relatable?
Not for me. The only sonic I've owned that worked was the customisable one. I'm definitely picking up the eleven sonic, and maybe the ten and possibly the war. But the priority is the figures.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 pm
Avon wrote:

Relatable?
Not for me. The only sonic I've owned that worked was the customisable one. I'm definitely picking up the eleven sonic, and maybe the ten and possibly the war. But the priority is the figures.
For me too.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).