B&M doctor who sets.

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 am
I love him! Androzani 5 was my last big want as a five variant from one of my favorite episodes, the paint on the lips suck but, the poor chap had been poisoned, beaten up, imprisoned, mock executed, had a run in with a cave monster, had a lovely time with Sharaz, held hostage, multiple times, escaped and burned his hands, crashed a shuttle into the face of a planet, shot at, had sand blasted in his face, very past dead at that point too and I'm sure I'm forgetting something - so I can chalk up the strange lips to one of those things :lol: and he completes the set with Peri and Jek very nicely, too. Plus it leaves the hatted Five to be released sometime soon hopefully with some other characters from his era we want. Of course, who trusts my instincts though? :lol:

If anyone want's a clean one, the 13 Doctors version is on eBay for £10 with £4 postage as a QC cast off from China, so, bit of a roll of the dice but not bad, I'd be tempted to buy one and an old 11 Doctors version for cheap and switch the heads when I have the money.
I quite like. I’m not going to get him, because I’m cheap, but from the pictures he looks quite good. Might be different in hand though.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

User avatar
Rackers96
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Rackers96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:49 am
Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:56 am
Is it just me that hates the 5th doctor we got?

I love that police box but my got the figure boils my blood.

I never really do any customing, but first think I did with this one is Rip the coat off and soak it in turps
I actually really like the colour his coat and jumper are, they look a lot better than the colour the previous figures of that outfit have been, I'd have preferred a version without the mud, personally, and the tousers aren't as nice with the lesser detail, and the face paint apps are kind of meh, but it's an ok figure, I guess I should have gotten the mudless one when the 13 doctors set was on the go, but that set was too expensive.
Seems just me then, I absolutely hate the mud splatter if it didn’t have the mud splatter I’d have been so much happier, if they hadn’t have gone whay ott with the mud I’d have been happier and it would have cost less, but neither the less I stripped off as much of the mud as I could and have the red a fresh coat of paint and it looks better
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

User avatar
Rackers96
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Rackers96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Here is my davison with the ridiculous mud removed!!
69897052_485854375568885_962921772158550016_n.jpg
69897052_485854375568885_962921772158550016_n.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 410 times
69754488_2234387230005701_7181741749105065984_n.jpg
69754488_2234387230005701_7181741749105065984_n.jpg (31.6 KiB) Viewed 410 times
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 pm
Here is my davison with the ridiculous mud removed!!
No offence, but most of it still seems to be on there.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:13 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:49 am
Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:56 am
Is it just me that hates the 5th doctor we got?

I love that police box but my got the figure boils my blood.

I never really do any customing, but first think I did with this one is Rip the coat off and soak it in turps
I actually really like the colour his coat and jumper are, they look a lot better than the colour the previous figures of that outfit have been, I'd have preferred a version without the mud, personally, and the tousers aren't as nice with the lesser detail, and the face paint apps are kind of meh, but it's an ok figure, I guess I should have gotten the mudless one when the 13 doctors set was on the go, but that set was too expensive.
Seems just me then, I absolutely hate the mud splatter if it didn’t have the mud splatter I’d have been so much happier, if they hadn’t have gone whay ott with the mud I’d have been happier and it would have cost less, but neither the less I stripped off as much of the mud as I could and have the red a fresh coat of paint and it looks better
The mud splattering on the Davison and for me the TARDIS were big contributors to why I've ended up not getting the set, so no it's not just you.
Image

User avatar
Rackers96
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Rackers96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:09 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 pm
Here is my davison with the ridiculous mud removed!!
No offence, but most of it still seems to be on there.
Ive not done anything to the jumper yet but if you look at the coat before and after it prior to me scrubbing it off there is a significant difference, it was never going to be all off so i just made it look less ridiculous.because the paint apps CO gave it was appallingly bad.

and I dont trust my self to colour match the paint
Last edited by Rackers96 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:09 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:02 pm
Here is my davison with the ridiculous mud removed!!
No offence, but most of it still seems to be on there.
Ive not done anything to the jumper yet but if you look at the coat before and after it prior to me scrubbing it off there is a significant difference, it was never going to be all off so i just made it look less ridiculous.because the paint apps CO gave it was appalingly bad
Oops!

Yeah, I’d seen the coat. I was under the impression it was finished and was referring to the jumper :lol:

It’s come off quite nicely on the coat.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

User avatar
Rackers96
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 am
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Rackers96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:15 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm
Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:09 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 pm


No offence, but most of it still seems to be on there.
Ive not done anything to the jumper yet but if you look at the coat before and after it prior to me scrubbing it off there is a significant difference, it was never going to be all off so i just made it look less ridiculous.because the paint apps CO gave it was appalingly bad
Oops!

Yeah, I’d seen the coat. I was under the impression it was finished and was referring to the jumper :lol:

It’s come off quite nicely on the coat.
haha! im still not happy with the muck in the creases of the coat, i might take a scrubber to it
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 2163
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:18 pm

Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:15 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 pm
Rackers96 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:09 pm


Ive not done anything to the jumper yet but if you look at the coat before and after it prior to me scrubbing it off there is a significant difference, it was never going to be all off so i just made it look less ridiculous.because the paint apps CO gave it was appalingly bad
Oops!

Yeah, I’d seen the coat. I was under the impression it was finished and was referring to the jumper :lol:

It’s come off quite nicely on the coat.
haha! im still not happy with the muck in the creases of the coat, i might take a scrubber to it
You could find a near-ish paint match...?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

User avatar
Doctor What
Moderator
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor What » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:19 pm

I think the mud's alright, possibly excessive in places but overall alright. Obviously you could get a better result hand painting but that's true of basically anything mass produced. For mass produced figures the CO ones are certainly much better detailed than a lot of other figures at a similar price range.

Post Reply