B&M doctor who sets.

Rackers96

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Rackers96 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 pm

-- Comment removed --
Last edited by Rackers96 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:49 am

Rackers96 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 pm
it’s going to be 3 new who sets, 3 classic sets, some dalek sets and a Jodie tardis.

Apparently the Jodie tardis won’t be the one we’ve seen it will be a classic tardis retool.
I heard from someone else it was a Dalek 3 pack so alot of rumours going about I guess?

3 New Who sets and 3 Classic sets sounds too good to be true but I guess if we get 1 less TARDIS and 1 Dalek 3 pack, that might work?
I mean I hope its true cuz id love more New Who stuff.

Id hope the Jodie TARDIS would be sold in B&Ms but not be a B&M exclusive because I bet people would be really angry and scalpers would go crazy. I dont mind the retool part because all it really needs is the lines in the corners, a new lamp and a new Police Box sign which could double as a TV Movie Police Box sign.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:10 am

I'd say until we get a press release anything could be possible. I doubt we'll get a press release for a few months though.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:41 am

Well, I'm glad I didn't buy any of the current sets, I might have money to buy these instead. :lol:

I guess the cycle of us endlessly speculating over set contents for months only to be proved totally wrong come release will start again? I better strap myself in.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:42 am

I don't really understand why jodies tardis would be baded on a classic tardis, the size and proportions are pretty much just the same as the other new series tatdises, seems a weird choice to me.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:44 am

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:42 am
I don't really understand why jodies tardis would be baded on a classic tardis, the size and proportions are pretty much just the same as the other new series tatdises, seems a weird choice to me.
tatdises?

New song alert. :P

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:44 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:44 am
Deborah J wrote:
tatdises?

I was on my tablet, it's not my fault.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 am

Deborah J wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
tatdises?

I was on my tablet, it's not my fault.
Uh huh, that's what they all say. Tell it to the judge Jorse.

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:07 am

Thank you for that bit of info rackers! Seems odd, unless things have gone wayward it felt like TARDIS was going for more an Argos/FP release.

I could see-totally hypothetically, if that Argos release fell through that as a backup, a B&M set would be possible as A, Al would step in to make sure, somehow, any way, we get her TARDIS to keep the set, and B, B&M would see the huge, huge sales potential in backing this. If this were true in this hypothetical situation, it would be needed to be based on a classic TARDIS, as modern one's are too big and too heavy for the B&M style boxes, and are too expensive even striped down.

New Who seems odd too, as, with all due respect to the fans (myself included!) they don't sell well as, frankly, there isn't as much that is as desirable in relation to the classics (when you can go on eBay and buy 80-90% of the 9-11 era at a few quid each). Better 9th Doctor variants, a new Rose (duddudud :lol: couldn't help myself), new Ten, giant Wasp, purple Clockwork Man, Jabe, new Cult of Skaro, better Season 1 Jack, a couple of 11 and 12 variants, Curator re-release... then your struggling without new moulds, for me at least, whereas in classics your rolling in the cash. But I hope they do - it'll save me money for once! :lol: I'm not even trying to guess this time :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:27 am

It's way too early for me to start speculating on what the new figures might be, I still havent recovered from the last round, I hope they're nice, and that I can afford them, thats as far as I'd go.