B&M doctor who sets.

Koth2

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Koth2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:40 am

I'd like companions. Someone on GB suggested using a Micky figure for Ben Jackson. I'd like that!

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:18 pm

I really hope the Jodie TARDIS thing isn’t true, I’d rather we get that really nice new sculpt.

However, I don’t know if that’s viable because of the sales of the Jodie figure. It was on clearance in Argos for a couple months and they only just removed it, Sam’s goes for the Sonic. A lot of places I saw it being sold didn’t get many more in, and I presume that’s due to poor sales.

Could we maybe expect the S11 companions in B&M sets? I mean they are just new headsculpts, and the tooling is done so they just need the money for production

TW.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Avon wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:07 am

I could see-totally hypothetically, if that Argos release fell through that as a backup, a B&M set would be possible as A, Al would step in to make sure, somehow, any way, we get her TARDIS to keep the set, and B, B&M would see the huge, huge sales potential in backing this. If this were true in this hypothetical situation, it would be needed to be based on a classic TARDIS, as modern one's are too big and too heavy for the B&M style boxes, and are too expensive even striped down.

New Who seems odd too, as, with all due respect to the fans (myself included!) they don't sell well as, frankly, there isn't as much that is as desirable in relation to the classics (when you can go on eBay and buy 80-90% of the 9-11 era at a few quid each). Better 9th Doctor variants, a new Rose (duddudud :lol: couldn't help myself), new Ten, giant Wasp, purple Clockwork Man, Jabe, new Cult of Skaro, better Season 1 Jack, a couple of 11 and 12 variants, Curator re-release... then your struggling without new moulds, for me at least, whereas in classics your rolling in the cash. But I hope they do - it'll save me money for once! :lol: I'm not even trying to guess this time :lol:
I have to say I agree with this assessment: Unless significant new moulds/combos/kitbashing are used to make desirable figures (i.e. waistcoat Capaldi, a Rose variant, etc.) I can't see them giving the new series equal time based on prior pegwarming unless it's the new companion set. And even THAT would be a misfire in my opinion; Putting it out before the series is back would be asking it to fail against, say, Dalek packs or new Classic figures.

Character did a great job rebuilding things to the point where we now get 2 TARDIS sets, Big finish-inspired figures, Daleks, and new headsculpts again: Things that even a year ago people on this forum would have scoffed at happening (And they did!). The New series figures need a similar rebuild; Putting things out just because we'd like to see the variation shouldn't be that approach.

I have to agree with the "Maybe it's better to budget release the 13 TARDIS" move too. If they wait until series 12 and make it a light/sound release, there'll be some logic, novelty, and momentum to aid sales. If they just put it out and it languishes, then it'll potentially hurt future new series figures, light/sound TARDIS releases, and the line in general. If playing safe means we get more figures/sets as we are now, then I fully support Al & crew making safe, smart moves up to and including a static 13 TARDIS based on the Classic mold.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Well I did catch this bit, Al thought the 2018 B&m sets would be the last ones.
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:55 pm

I think they should do a revenge of the cybermen set; one leader, one boi, and that elusive sj that seems to be everyone's favourite.

SJF

Post by SJF » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Maybe we can will that SJ into existence

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:09 pm

SJF wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm
‘I, DalekCheese, being of sound mind and body, hereby bequeath my run of 200 classic Sarah Janes to doctorwhotoys.net/forum upon my death.

Witnessed by:

Tennant McLongCoat

Greasy Regret Baker’

There you go.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:11 pm

SJF wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm
Personally I'd rather an android invasion one, or a hand of fear.

If they made the hof one, and mafe the arms compatible with jo grant then they could repaint it, put the 3docs coat and arms and axos head and make a green death jo out of it.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:57 pm
New Who seems odd too, as, with all due respect to the fans (myself included!) they don't sell well as, frankly, there isn't as much that is as desirable in relation to the classics (when you can go on eBay and buy 80-90% of the 9-11 era at a few quid each).
Though a lot of that is down to supply and demand. They made tens of thousands of those New Who figures, while the classics were more limited runs. It's no wonder more of them turn up on eBay.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Thedoctorwhosite took down their post about the January B&M sets due to "misinterpreted information". My guess is there might not be a new January wave and its just restocking/updating the sets.