B&M doctor who sets.

Doctor What

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor What »

joe38658 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 pm
Thedoctorwhosite took down their post about the January B&M sets due to "misinterpreted information". My guess is there might not be a new January wave and its just restocking/updating the sets.
Someone also leaked pictures of items that they were asked not to show. There was some misinformation but don't know if that was about the january thing or not. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:09 pm
SJF wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:04 pm
Maybe we can will that SJ into existence
‘I, DalekCheese, being of sound mind and body, hereby bequeath my run of 200 classic Sarah Janes to doctorwhotoys.net/forum upon my death.

Witnessed by:

Tennant McLongCoat

Greasy Regret Baker’

There you go.
As TDV has conclusively demonstrated in the TCOS thread, DC has sadly long since left this mortal realm - so we claim the SJ figures (which we will be giving away in our super soar-a-way SJ jumbo bingo prize draw this Sunday!)

BOT - did any of the announcements/tweets actually confirm it is figures that are being released in Jan? I'm not sure what else it could be, but Al said it would be different to what we've seen to date...

Avon

Post by Avon »

I said the same on GB, but I hold my hands up and apologize for breaking the news from Trap One's feed, I saw the news and thought I'd share it, thinking A, it'd be ok, as I wasn't at the con and assumed, as they seemed reputable and B just generally wanted to share the latest news I'd found with everyone here, I sincerely apologize for my part in it Al - if I played a part in it. I didn't even go near the pictures due to the very long history of such things being banned

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Avon wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:55 pm
I said the same on GB, but I hold my hands up and apologize for breaking the news from Trap One's feed, I saw the news and thought I'd share it, thinking A, it'd be ok, as I wasn't at the con and assumed, as they seemed reputable and B just generally wanted to share the latest news I'd found with everyone here, I sincerely apologize for my part in it Al - if I played a part in it. I didn't even go near the pictures due to the very long history of such things being banned
What were they?

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:55 pm
I think they should do a revenge of the cybermen set; one leader, one boi, and that elusive sj that seems to be everyone's favourite.
Me want this very much. Very very very much. It is perfect.

You seeing this Al? I'll send you every piece of TCoS merchandise if you give us this set. Promise.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Do I get to say, can I say, "do I have the right"? :lol: It was one figure, and it really wasn't that exciting honestly.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I know that it's very bad that this person took the pictures and stuff, and that's very naughty, but also deep down I kind of wish I'd seen them because my curiosity is always insatiable.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I think they should do a revenge of the cybermen set; one leader, one boi, and that elusive sj that seems to be everyone's favourite.

You seeing this Al? I'll send you every piece of TCoS merchandise if you give us this set. Promise.
Honestly, I feel like they could give us this set, release another set with a Sarah Variant, a Tom variant (Let's say coatless Season 14 from Hand of Fear) and, say, Morbius rerelease and HOF hand accessory, and I'd buy them both even having Morbius and all the Toms already. A Sarah figure would clean up, and she's popular enough they could easily release her twice in one wave.

But yes, those "Revenge" Cybermen? I'd buy a set of them alone. Adding Sarah would make that the best B&M set value ever, full stop.

And I gotta admit, I'm really curious as to whatever got posted pic-wise and was taboo from Vworp. Was it the pink TARDIS?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

Honestly, I feel like they could give us this set, release another set with a Sarah Variant, a Tom variant (Let's say coatless Season 14 from Hand of Fear) and, say, Morbius rerelease and HOF hand accessory, and I'd buy them both even having Morbius and all the Toms already. A Sarah figure would clean up, and she's popular enough they could easily release her twice in one wave.

But yes, those "Revenge" Cybermen? I'd buy a set of them alone. Adding Sarah would make that the best B&M set value ever, full stop.

And I gotta admit, I'm really curious as to whatever got posted pic-wise and was taboo from Vworp. Was it the pink TARDIS?
No, ‘cos Al posted that on his Twitter next to a tweet saying not to show pics.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 pm
Danoftardis wrote:

No, ‘cos Al posted that on his Twitter next to a tweet saying not to show pics.
Interesting. It was mentioned that the Yeti prototype and an unreleased Classic Cyberman variant were there. Was it them?

Curiosity's pretty intense over here....