B&M doctor who sets.

The Outcast

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by The Outcast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:59 am

The only image I've seen is one of the Ten inch Astrid Peth doll they had intended to release at one point. It's unfortunate people broke the rules of the panel and put images on the internet. I mean, I'd like to see the Wheel Cyberman, but it's clearly against the panel rules, and I'd rather not see it if it means we don't get panels and stuff like that in future.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:03 am

joe38658 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 pm
Thedoctorwhosite took down their post about the January B&M sets due to "misinterpreted information". My guess is there might not be a new January wave and its just restocking/updating the sets.
To be perfectly honest, that's probably better for everyone. People who just spent all their money on these sets and Christmas wouldn't be able to buy a whole new wave.

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:03 am
joe38658 wrote:
Thedoctorwhosite took down their post about the January B&M sets due to "misinterpreted information". My guess is there might not be a new January wave and its just restocking/updating the sets.
To be perfectly honest, that's probably better for everyone. People who just spent all their money on these sets and Christmas wouldn't be able to buy a whole new wave.
People definetly wouldnt be able to buy a whole new wave if the rumour that its 3 New Who sets and 3 Classic Who sets was true cuz thats already £120 :lol:

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:17 am

Going back to B&M later today to see if they finally have any TARDISes or Daleks. If not, maybe Ill just pick up the last set I need (Two Doctors) or a War Doctor Sonic Screwdriver

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:04 am

No TARDISes, guess Ill have to see if I can get one off ebay for a reasonable price, maybe without the figures I dont really care about them.

They had 3 Dalek sets. 1 8th Doctor and 2 7th Doctor. Surprised the War Doctor one sold so well. Got the 8th Doctor one, might go back for the 7th Doctor one later.

Honestly the Dalek feels really cheap and the plunger is pretty loose. 8th Doctor has neon pink lips and if you asked me to guess who it was just from the head id guess Fiona Shaw first before Paul McGann

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am

If they were showing a Yeti and classic Cyberboi I'm going to assume it was unrelated to the B&M sets, because if they released them it would be crazy good, especially if it was a Wheel boi. They could do a 60's sets with a mysterious third figure, I mean that would be amazing. So for the sake of my sanity I think I'm just going to believe they were just showing them off because they could.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:41 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am
If they were showing a Yeti and classic Cyberboi I'm going to assume it was unrelated to the B&M sets, because if they released them it would be crazy good, especially if it was a Wheel boi. They could do a 60's sets with a mysterious third figure, I mean that would be amazing. So for the sake of my sanity I think I'm just going to believe they were just showing them off because they could.
Yeah there were prototypes made of those two way back, so most likely they were just showing those off for interest.

Avon

Post by Avon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Indeed, what happened, as Al knows we all love this sort of thing, he brought them along as a treat, and a total surprise to everyone in the room - which won't apparently ever happen again due to what happened with Trap 1. Apparently the Wheel cyberman was going to be in the age of steel series, but didn't cost out (and, terribly sad but, was ruled out of future production, too..), the Yeti will never be made either apparently as, I've heard two things from the very same panel (says everything.., like Chinese whispers), in no particular order, the prototype leaked, which scuppered the plans for it as it cheesed off the people in charge of the Yeti, and the BBC messed up the legal documents, futher cheesing them off. I mean, of all the things to balls up, after getting god knows how many estates to sign off on 1, 2, 3, the daleks, the cybermen, etc etc.

As someone else mentioned it, it was the Astrid figure I saw, honestly just looked like a Barbie with vhs potato quality photographing but was apparently, very realistic. Reason that never got off the ground was apparently Kylie's people thought it was too creepy/realistic and should actually, be more like Barbie :lol:

Ultimately - what Al said (it might have been rackers here who said this.., been reading stuff between GB, twitter and here and it all gets jumbled), was something along the lines of, don't spend all your money at Christmas or keep some for later or something very vaguely along those lines, which Trap 1 reported as proof of a January wave, and then of course, I and a few others saw this and thought it was worth sharing, generally because A, we weren't there and didn't know, a future lesson for myself just to stay the hell away and wait a day for people who were to share the info properly, if allowed and B, Trap 1 seemed reputable, had proof they were in the room - and was trusting them to actually behave themselves as Al asked. Blimey... :lol:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:03 am
joe38658 wrote:
True.

On the other hand, kids who just got some Christmas money from grandma would.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:03 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Honestly, I feel like they could give us this set, release another set with a Sarah Variant, a Tom variant (Let's say coatless Season 14 from Hand of Fear) and, say, Morbius rerelease and HOF hand accessory, and I'd buy them both even having Morbius and all the Toms already. A Sarah figure would clean up, and she's popular enough they could easily release her twice in one wave.

But yes, those "Revenge" Cybermen? I'd buy a set of them alone. Adding Sarah would make that the best B&M set value ever, full stop.

And I gotta admit, I'm really curious as to whatever got posted pic-wise and was taboo from Vworp. Was it the pink TARDIS?
No, ‘cos Al posted that on his Twitter next to a tweet saying not to show pics.
Interesting. It was mentioned that the Yeti prototype and an unreleased Classic Cyberman variant were there. Was it them?

Curiosity's pretty intense over here....
Here too.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.