B&M doctor who sets.

Danoftardis

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Avon wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm
Indeed, what happened, as Al knows we all love this sort of thing, he brought them along as a treat, and a total surprise to everyone in the room - which won't apparently ever happen again due to what happened with Trap 1. Apparently the Wheel cyberman was going to be in the age of steel series, but didn't cost out (and, terribly sad but, was ruled out of future production, too..), the Yeti will never be made either apparently as, I've heard two things from the very same panel (says everything.., like Chinese whispers), in no particular order, the prototype leaked, which scuppered the plans for it as it cheesed off the people in charge of the Yeti, and the BBC messed up the legal documents, futher cheesing them off. I mean, of all the things to balls up, after getting god knows how many estates to sign off on 1, 2, 3, the daleks, the cybermen, etc etc.
It's a shame we'll never get to see those two figures properly released, as they would be really great and I'm sure sell well. Still I think it's a bit extreme to never bring them along to show off again just because of one or two leaks, but what do I know.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm
Avon wrote:
Indeed, what happened, as Al knows we all love this sort of thing, he brought them along as a treat, and a total surprise to everyone in the room - which won't apparently ever happen again due to what happened with Trap 1. Apparently the Wheel cyberman was going to be in the age of steel series, but didn't cost out (and, terribly sad but, was ruled out of future production, too..), the Yeti will never be made either apparently as, I've heard two things from the very same panel (says everything.., like Chinese whispers), in no particular order, the prototype leaked, which scuppered the plans for it as it cheesed off the people in charge of the Yeti, and the BBC messed up the legal documents, futher cheesing them off. I mean, of all the things to balls up, after getting god knows how many estates to sign off on 1, 2, 3, the daleks, the cybermen, etc etc.
It's a shame we'll never get to see those two figures properly released, as they would be really great and I'm sure sell well. Still I think it's a bit extreme to never bring them along to show off again just because of one or two leaks, but what do I know.
Do pictures still exist anywhere?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:20 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:12 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Avon wrote:
No, the photo was recently uninvented, they no longer exist

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:20 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

Ah feth
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 pm
Deborah J wrote:
DalekCheese wrote:
Ah feth
Speak the Queen's boy. :P

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Ah feth
Speak the Queen's boy. :P
*boi

FTFY

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:27 pm

The people from the con have banned the guy who took and posted it from any future events... and i go every year so in order to not rub people up the wrong way and due to the info coming from the doctor who site im going to do delete my comment on the matter.
Former HUU Doctor Who Society President. All Round Who Boffin.
Co-founder Vault Cosplays - https://vaultcosplays.wixsite.com/home

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am

So... I've just bought a B&M set on ebay, at around about double the cost it was sold for in B&M. But Deborah, why would you do this? Have you gone mad? Not necessarily. This is a B&M set, but probably not the one you were expecting. ;)

SJF

Post by SJF » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:56 am

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am
So... I've just bought a B&M set on ebay, at around about double the cost it was sold for in B&M. But Deborah, why would you do this? Have you gone mad? Not necessarily. This is a B&M set, but probably not the one you were expecting. ;)
Did you bag yourself a Pertwee TARDIS Debs?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

SJF wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:56 am
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am
Did you bag yourself a Pertwee TARDIS Debs?
Nah, I already have one of those.