B&M doctor who sets.

Lurker at the Edge

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

i've always wanted to do Blakes 7 5 inch figures .. if i had any chance at all that would be my top spin off range. sadly i think the days of it ever happening from anyone are diminishing .. :

Wave 1
Rog Blake
Avon
Cally
Jenna
Orac (with lights)
Federation Trooper

Wave 2
Avon
Cally
Tarrant
Dayna
Servelan
Travis (1)

Liberator Playset
- Working Zen with lights & Sounds
- Flight Deck
- Teleport Bay with Light & Sounds
- Exclusive Travis (2) figure

Lurker at the Edge

well if it is true i'd be the first in the queue! ...

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:29 pm
TARDIS sets I think are feasible/realistic:
*"Night of the Doctor" or TVM/Big Finish TARDIS set:
Slap the 5th Doctor roof on the Whittaker TARDIS, get the paint and label apps right and then choose an 8th Doctor - They all are desirable to collectors, and I bet that TVM one could really benefit from a paint app glow-up.

The most unrealistic angle here is....General B&M audience buying McGann. But then, those Big Finish sets cleared out so why not? Again, easy mods/releases with no new parts.
I really like this idea. Though the TVM TARDIS is still the biggest missing piece in terms of "eras," any 8th Doctor TARDIS would be a welcome addition. And yeah, since Big Finish proved there's an audience, and since people could display it with either an Eight or a War Doctor, I think it could have legs.
Sixth Doctor & TARDIS
It's my understanding that the coat is just....too much paint app-wise? It's a shame, because you could...
*Do "Trial" variants we've never gotten.
*Correct the vest and shirt being painted as a single garment.
*Include the existing "Tranquil Repose" blue cloak.
...and also give a clean 80-86 TARDIS, easy repackage.
I would guess that a new paint stencil would cost less than what they paid for the new Harry Sullivan head. It's possible it could fit into the toy budget, and it would definitely be a big draw for collectors. Who knows?
The only unrealistic angle is no Colin in any B&M set, which makes me feel either they dont see it as a realistic sales option or it needs to be a variant due to the coat? In that case....
*Do an "Twin Dilemma" set with 5's clothes.
*Take the standard 6 body, and dirty it up to a "Mark of the Rani" figure.
*Do a coatless variant. (New body wrap)
If the "Trial" version is out of the question, I'd take a new "Necros" variant of Colin with the blue cloak and some snow flecks on the outfit any day.

And I fell like there's a generic "coatless open wasitcoat" body they could use for a few purposes. Two Doctors Colin. Planet of fire Peter. Shada punt Tom. There's probably even a version of 12 that would work.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:49 pm
i've always wanted to do Blakes 7 5 inch figures .. if i had any chance at all that would be my top spin off range. sadly i think the days of it ever happening from anyone are diminishing .. :

Wave 1
Rog Blake
Avon
Cally
Jenna
Orac (with lights)
Federation Trooper

Wave 2
Avon
Cally
Tarrant
Dayna
Servelan
Travis (1)

Liberator Playset
- Working Zen with lights & Sounds
- Flight Deck
- Teleport Bay with Light & Sounds
- Exclusive Travis (2) figure
I'd buy them all by the lorry load :lol: the real questions are which Avon costume, other than series D would you go for, and where's Soolin?! And Gan, and Vila! With his toolkit and a glass in hand, of course

The lack of B7 merch, much like Red Dwarf is criminal.., even besides figures, t shirts, mugs, corgi Scorpio... nothing (and I'd kill for a comic miniseries by the likes of Boom or Titan, or for that matter some Gerry Anderson shows, especially UFO). So great to see it rate so high on the radio times poll a few weeks back, though.., got to the top 2 with Who, and beat Only Fools in the "what would you like to see repeated during lockdown" poll. I think the best chance of anything is from the likes of Big Chief now.., deluxe Avon with Orac?

Really glad (and excited!) to hear new stuff is still coming, obviously they'll be delayed a bit but it'll be nice to have something to look forward to after all this!

Lurker at the Edge

Currently the 6th Doctor is an absolute no no for B&M releases in any form and even beyond that ... the sheer number of spray operations is just insane and it blows the costs out of the water unfortunately ..

Lurker at the Edge

ah well villa should have been in wave one .. my bad .. Solon and Gan for wave 3 if it went well ...

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'm not sure if I believe the romana rumour, the costume I was told she had doesn't sound like any costume she ever wore, but who knows, I could have been misinformed of what exactly the rumour contained.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:39 pm
Currently the 6th Doctor is an absolute no no for B&M releases in any form and even beyond that ... the sheer number of spray operations is just insane and it blows the costs out of the water unfortunately ..
Ah, interesting. Is it really down to the number of colors needed for the jacket, then?

I wonder how many there are, exactly. It's got to be crazy.

I suppose re-using the red and pink on the waistcoat won't help one durn bit, huh? :)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:47 pm
ah well villa should have been in wave one .. my bad .. Solon and Gan for wave 3 if it went well ...
How do we get to this parallel universe? Is there a bus?

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Would a 6th Doctor work ala Big Finish audio imaginings, perhaps? In a simple colours version of his costume?