B&M doctor who sets.

Deborah J

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J »

Yeah, although I'm personally super stoked to get these things, I do hope they're either released after the pandemic has kind of eased away a bit or, idk, maybe B&M start doing delivery or something. I was borderline going to give up on the last lot of B&M stuff, in the end I had to go back to B&M to get a new lawnmower just as the lockdown was starting and I checked while I was there and they had them, otherwise I'd have ended up passing on them, even though I really wanted that pertwee tardis.

SJF

Post by SJF »

The three packs themselves should be fine as they tend to hang around. It’s the extras that should be worried about.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

Thanks to Fb commenter comparing figures Ive now seen the leaked pics (not all, i think) and all I can say is that I am stunned! Gobsmacked, even! I guessed the 13th set and I dreamed of the 4th Doctor companions. I think i can even accept the Romana I if I squint.
(For info, my 3rd choice was Tegan Turlough and 3rd Doctor from the 5 Doctors)
Thanks Al. If these are the true figures youve done us proud.
Can we push for a tartan trousered 4th Doctor now?

Lepter1

Post by Lepter1 »

Personally...I feel really bad for character online and B&M. I'm sure tons of work has gone into these fantastic sets. Now...some idiot (probably a thief too) has taken the steam out of this release. This wasn't their announcement to make.

My son is thrilled to bits with what's on offer but I would have preferred to have the official announcement because now, we are in limbo waiting for sets that may be months off before release.

I suppose it gives the hardcore time to save because you can guarantee that they will be buying ALL these sets, the quality of the choices are that good.

Congratulations on fantastic future sets....its a shame some idiot had to jump the gun. Hope they are identified and received their dues.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

From what I can gather the seller said the sets were given to them and they were unaware of their significance, and they were understandably a bit worried by the massive influx of messages about them so took them down.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

that's kind of weird, though, like who gave them to them? If it was someone who had taken them without permission why just give them to someone else who has no sense of their worth and immediately tries to sell them? And if they were given them officially by CO or B&M or whoever then why would they be given them without the information explaining that they're secret for now (from what I can gather they do tell that to people they send stuff to, Jimi stresses all of that very emphatically at the start of every advance figure preview review he's done), and why would they be giving them to someone who A: doesn't know enough about them to know they're meant to be secret and B: would instantly just try and sell them?

Avon

Post by Avon »

Its almost unbelievable, I have no clue, but I could see a scenario where someone in the distribution chain happened upon a set of them, and gave them to his friend either for his kids, or thinking he was either a Doctor Who fan or an action figure collector, and in any instance, just wasn't interested and just threw them on eBay to make some money with no clue as to what they actually were. I really feel for CO though..., all that time and effort they've no doubt put into the reveal video and PR, blown by an eBay seller. Just hope it wasn't someone on B&M's end

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

oh dear ....

can someone list exactly what has been posted please?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Galactic YoYo wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 8:52 pm
F###ING YES!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE let's hope no legal s### messes this up because R#####s :D :D :D
Nah, those pics were ready to be sold.

“Nussink in ze vurld can stop me now!”

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Morning all .. ive just seen the images .... So a couple of things

1/ Officially till the Press release you'll understand I can neither confirm nor deny .. but you know yourselves what's real and what's not.
2/ that being the case Either way ... im really sorry
3/ If anyone can give me details of the Ebay seller i will ensure this is followed up