TheSparrow wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:12 pm
I go to Portugal on the 19th boo hoo.
Why? Everything will be closed
Nah we good.

TheOnComingStorm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

On the Facebook page All things Doctor Who there are some new photos of the figures.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I just went there and didn't see anything. Did they get yanked?

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Oh possibly? I'm not sure?

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I don't see why they would be pulled, since theyre oficially announced now, and theyve had videos from lampotimelord and bat manmarch showcasing them we have the capacity to see them from any angle so I shouldnt think any pictures would be unalowed
Eggs gon give it to ya

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

rhysch wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:45 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:39 pm
He used to be on these boards, didn’t he? I don’t remember anything wrong with him so much.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion folks! :)
he’s shared a lot of NMD content, including a rather disturbing photo he took of his action figures, depicting Hartnell caning Jodie with the caption “you deserve a jolly good smacked bottom”, as well as a few racist tweets more recently in response to the BLM movement. i’ve never had any experience with him tbh, to i only really pay attention when it comes to the new toys 😂 fair play to him for his collection though, i’m rather envious in that regard 😂
Ah. Him.

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

If CO are doing new head sculpts, I'd expect variants and re-uses to be a big consideration to make the most out of the investment. It's been discussed a fair amount here and elsewhere how CO could get more variants out of the new head sculpts for characters like the Romanas and Sarah Jane, but are there any other costumes and bodies that could work with a Benton or Yates variant? Would there be any demand for them?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Uncle_Abe wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:37 pm
If CO are doing new head sculpts, I'd expect variants and re-uses to be a big consideration to make the most out of the investment. It's been discussed a fair amount here and elsewhere how CO could get more variants out of the new head sculpts for characters like the Romanas and Sarah Jane, but are there any other costumes and bodies that could work with a Benton or Yates variant? Would there be any demand for them?
So, assuming they work the same way as the Brigadier, the beret could be swapped with the dress cap. Also, Both Benton and Yates could be packaged in their dress uniforms or in the sweater the Brigadier has in the UNIT set.

As to interest, well I feel like it's a question of how they fill out a set. For example, if it were The Brig, Benton, & Yates just all in dress uniforms it'd be kinda redundant. But if it were....

TERROR OF THE AUTONS
3rd Doctor (Red coat, open collar, purple lined cloak.)
The Master (Suit)
Yates (Dress Uniform w revolver)

....or...

THE WEB OF FEAR
Colonel Lethbridge Stewart (Yates/Benton body wrap with repaint Brigadier beret head)
2nd Doctor with 2 control spheres
Jamie McCrimmon

Then those are reuses that maximize the potential of the new bits or, in the second examples case, hopefully would allow for Jamie to exist with strict repaints/reuses.

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I just wonder whether the hats are a seperate part, they're all different sculpts to the hats, maybe they're all one piece. If not, though I'd do a yates in dress uniform and cap and benton in dress uniform and beret, benton never wore a cap, he used to often have his beret in the shoulder strap pf his jacket when he was in the dress uniform. I'd also love a reissue of jumper and cap brigadier, I never got that one first time around
Eggs gon give it to ya

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

It looks to me that the berets are not separate on the new figures, especially as they are all different sculpts. Although, as has been said, Benton would still work as a dress uniform version.