B&M doctor who sets.

SJF

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:02 am
I'd love a valyard figure, but I think I'd feel a bit short changed if he was dressed as paul mcgann and not in his iconic trial outfit. A bit like the Ainley in suit, it's technically something he wore, but it's not really his costume
Plus like:

- Hes an old man
- Hes basically a separate entity to the Trial Valeyard
- Hes good and calls himself the Doctor

Still id love a figure of him, but not instead of a regular Valeyard. I want both! And package them with an eyepatch Mel.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

SJF wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 am
... eyepatch Mel.
Kinky! I've seen that film!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
I'd love a valyard figure, but I think I'd feel a bit short changed if he was dressed as paul mcgann and not in his iconic trial outfit. A bit like the Ainley in suit, it's technically something he wore, but it's not really his costume
I feel the same way. Look, I don't mind a couple Big Finish costume variants for the Doctors, but releasing an audio-only version of the Valyard feels a little weird.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I feel the same way. Look, I don't mind a couple Big Finish costume variants for the Doctors, but releasing an audio-only version of the Valyard feels a little weird.
However, if it's a headsculpt that gets us a Big Finish variant and the Trial wardrobe, then I'm all for it.

And honestly, putting the Valeyard in with an Ainley Master (velvets), that duo would actually be a good 3 pack with Mel that I'd see selling. (Rather than ANOTHER McCoy or Ace, or the prohibitively expensive Colin.)

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Maybe they could make valyard using the body of the night of the doctor 8th with a new body wrap for the robes, then they could swap it for An easy variant
Eggs gon give it to ya

Spannerintheworks

greeneggsandspam wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm
Maybe they could make valyard using the body of the night of the doctor 8th with a new body wrap for the robes, then they could swap it for An easy variant
The possibility of new wraps the UNIT set opens hopefully extends that far; a LOT of villains and companions could be done within reasonable accuracy. Or even desirable variants for Harry, Sarah, the 4th Doctor, either Romana, the 3rd Doctor....the list could go on awhile.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm
greeneggsandspam wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:49 pm
The possibility of new wraps the UNIT set opens hopefully extends that far; a LOT of villains and companions could be done within reasonable accuracy. Or even desirable variants for Harry, Sarah, the 4th Doctor, either Romana, the 3rd Doctor....the list could go on awhile.
I'd love a Key to Time accessory with a Romana variant (dunno if thats weird I just really want a Key to Time :lol: ) but I realise under the current model that probably wouldnt happen as it's really a one off I suppose. That said, didn't Al once suggest the possibility of turning to a line of single figures with multiple accessories like the original Leela and Ace?

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Do you s'pose there's any potential here?
ImageImage

Mastersclanger

Post by Mastersclanger »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 pm
ImageImage
Ah come on now...Ms Tamm is not THAT bad!

Spannerintheworks

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 pm
ImageImage
The problem is the arms. If they were a more flowy robe and not in tatters, I'd have expected this in the B&M set.

And I doubt we're at the point where new arms could be made....for now.