B&M doctor who sets.

EndlessTimelord

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by EndlessTimelord »

Oooo, another wave would be amazing this year!

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Still hoping we'll get a Liz Shaw eventually; it just seems too feasible for them NOT to make her when she fits so perfectly with the Jo Grant mould!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

dorkjackson wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:08 pm
Still hoping we'll get a Liz Shaw eventually; it just seems too feasible for them NOT to make her when she fits so perfectly with the Jo Grant mould!
Also, now officially the ONLY outstanding 3rd/4th companion prior to 1980 without a figure.

(Never thought I'd be able to type that. And I'd have wagered I was referring to Harry if I did! :lol: )

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'd kind of prefer Jo to be adapted into Polly for a Tenth Planet Ben and Polly, having two consecutive companions with the same body is going to be quite noticable, I'd think.

GSD

Post by GSD »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:29 pm
I'd kind of prefer Jo to be adapted into Polly for a Tenth Planet Ben and Polly, having two consecutive companions with the same body is going to be quite noticable, I'd think.
Personally, I'd be fine with it!

Though, to be fair, I only have a 'Claws of Axos' Jo out on display and, in general, much prefer Liz to Polly. :lol:

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

GSD wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Though, to be fair, I only have a 'Claws of Axos' Jo out on display and, in general, much prefer Liz to Polly. :lol:
Both Yaz and Romana used the Claudia body sculpt this time round though, so personally I don't see it as much of an issue if it would give us 2 new characters.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:09 am
GSD wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Both Yaz and Romana used the Claudia body sculpt this time round though, so personally I don't see it as much of an issue if it would give us 2 new characters.
This. The dresses would be painted entirely differently; Liz would have her big silver belt from SILURIANS painted on and Polly would have the big black V neck painted on (is it more canon to have her in pink ala TWICE UPON A TIME or the red from TENTH that we never saw onscreen in colour)?

Of course they'd have totally different haircuts/heads. It's no different from RAF Jack and The Brig having the same body, or Romana and Yaz to me... to give us a full set of companions I'd be more than happy for a similar looking figure (especially Liz!).

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

It's not the reuse of the body that I'd mind, just the fact that it would mean two companions of the same doctor with the same body. Romana and yaz aren't likely to be displayed together, but if you were doing a pertwee display you'd be likely to have liz and jo pretty close together.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 pm
It's not the reuse of the body that I'd mind, just the fact that it would mean two companions of the same doctor with the same body. Romana and yaz aren't likely to be displayed together, but if you were doing a pertwee display you'd be likely to have liz and jo pretty close together.
Ah see it's not a problem for me as I only own the Claws of Axos Jo Grant, so there wouldn't be much of a similarity to Liz minus the boots.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

dorkjackson wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:19 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 pm
Ah see it's not a problem for me as I only own the Claws of Axos Jo Grant, so there wouldn't be much of a similarity to Liz minus the boots.
Really, it's only B&M/Time Monster Jo that is going to stand out with a body reuse for Liz. Axos Jo has the different top. "Three Doctors" Jo has the same body and skirt but has the fur coat to differentiate her.

Speaking optimistically, we saw a new body wrap this year. Maybe by the time Liz Shaw is a thing (barring Lurker misdirection, it's not happening until at the earliest after B&M next year), a new skirt or wrap will benefit Liz. Ideally, if it enabled a skirt/button up long sleeve blouse figure it'd work equally well for Barbara or Tegan too.

Either way, I'm curious to see where things are going. The sets have gotten more ambitious and fan pleasing each year; And again barring Classic Dalek-style misdirection, apparently obvious fan pleasers like Tegan aren't on the menu, so I'm really curious to see what IS. Especially if more is coming this year. (Further Dalek sets? Those seem a safe wager...)