B&M doctor who sets.

Kaldor

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Kaldor »

They went to the shops and purchased a pallet’s worth, I assume.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Kaldor wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:05 am
I did wonder that, but then they sold them at cost price, so unless it was just a publicity stunt what was the point?

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:42 am
Kaldor wrote:
I did wonder that, but then they sold them at cost price, so unless it was just a publicity stunt what was the point?
Mad as it may sound, maybe they're just good natured Doctor Who fans trying to help people out?

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:42 am
Kaldor wrote:
Is their P+P exorbitant? Not saying that it's happening here, but some retailers pad postage costs to make profit (common on eBay).

If not, then it could be to gain a good reputation as a retailer for other sales. WhoNA in the USA often does similar things (going outside official channels for stock), and that does build an ongoing loyal customer base.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

rowie4life

Post by rowie4life »

I went to B&M Coventry Walsgrave, just now, they have all the new sets and in good quantities. They had loads of the refresh 3 packs/Doctor and Dalek sets and 2 or 3 Peladon TARDIS sets. They may have the first releases of the 3 packs/Doctor and Dalek, but I didn't check, as I was only after the new sets. I should of took a picture. Also they were on the end and not in the aisle.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

[Posted in the wrong thread]

Mastersclanger

Post by Mastersclanger »

I'm so pleased that these are so readily becoming available for the forum members Al was right and I thank him for the advice. I have all the sets I need however I found the Pertwee Tardis the hardest to find last time.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Picked up the companions set today so i've now got all of them, i'll put up my usual pictures and comparisons later!

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Managed to get down to B&M Meadowhall (Sheffield) and they had good stocks of everything but the UNIT 1971 set.

Picked up a Companions set, Thirteenth Doctor set and the Dalek Invasion Set #2 and they look utterly glorious. Never thought I'd see the day I'd have both Romana's and a classic Sarah Jane on my shelf!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'm going back to my B&M on monday, hopefully they'll have the unit set in stock by then, it's the only one I don't have