B&M doctor who sets.

omega1963

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by omega1963 »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:28 pm
Thank you!
In the original daleks story from The history of the daleks set 1...How many daleks were in the story? I would like to army build them.
There were 4 props produced for this story so you’d only need 2 sets. I think I’ve got around 14 dead planet daleks now myself, mostly the original release

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:28 pm
Thank you!
In the original daleks story from The history of the daleks set 1...How many daleks were in the story? I would like to army build them.
4 full props, and a “stunt” dalek built from shoddily-cast sections. The “stunt” was used for any work that would have destroyed props 1-4. The tradition of Stunt Daleks persisted into the ‘80s.

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Thank you! I'm new to collecting classic daleks. Which sets has the dead planet dalek been released previously? I think one was a Sound FX right?

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:54 pm
Thank you! I'm new to collecting classic daleks. Which sets has the dead planet dalek been released previously? I think one was a Sound FX right?
Dalek collectors set 1 from 2008 I think, then it was released again in the FX range.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

omega1963 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:16 pm
TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:54 pm
Dalek collectors set 1 from 2008 I think, then it was released again in the FX range.
Worth noting that the FX one has the later Dalek eyestalk (DIOE onwards) rather than the normal dead planet one with more rings.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

Mad props to Al for this wave! I haven't seen any sets pegwarming this year yet, they're selling like hot cakes! Hoping theres still plenty more stock on the way so I can snag me some spares for customs. Really wish I'd picked them up at the time, but I guess if it gave other people a chance to add to their collections so be it.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Well that's me got all the new sets now, and the unit set was well worth the extra week's wait, I think Benton might be a new favourite of mine, the top figure of the 6 sets for me.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Before the sets came out I think I was least excited for the Brigadier figure since it's basically a re-release, but now that i've got it i'm actually really happy with it, it's a great improvement over the original and the paint apps on the face look really nice.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:01 pm
Bundesrat wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 pm
dorkjackson wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 pm
Trying to think what colour variations could be made for the reissued Fourth Doctor companions set;

Romana II you could feasibly recolour her coat red and make a passable HORNS OF NIMON.

No idea about Sarah Jane or Romana I; their outfits resemble nothing else they wore in any of the other stories? Could they just be straight up reissues rather than recolours?
I suspect (or at least hope) that in the same way the painted boots of Talons Tom were corrected in that re-issue we might see a new chest piece for Romana I to get a more accurate jacket. Maybe they'll swop the tops of SJ and Romana so we have a closed top for Romana and an open top for SJ - I can't see them doing a different outfit altogether.
Sadly the figures aren't modular enough to allow for that sort of interchangability.
Someone on GB has used that open jacket with the new SJ head and legs to make a custom and it looks great - still holding out hope we might get this swop.

Thought there would have been more customs out there by now.

SJF

Post by SJF »

We definitely won’t.

It’s just not possible. If we were to get something like that, it’d be a new pvc piece replacing the pre-existing Martha jacket rather than any kind of swap. And if we had a chance of that happening, it would’ve been done in the first place.