B&M doctor who sets.

Spannerintheworks

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

I have to agree. Considering last year when they were (presumably) working with less Harry Sullivan still got the necessary coat swap needed for (more) accuracy. They could've just planted his head on a Suited body and paint app'd it near what it should be, but instead the coat wrap was swapped onto a compatible body to look close to its appearance in "The Sontaran Experiment"

If they could've gotten Romana 1 more accurate, I agree they would've with the figure we got (or are getting, over here across the Atlantic). If this compromise got us the needed wrap for Benton and Yates (or Romana 2's scarf), then I'll take it. Small price to pay.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:38 pm
I have to agree. Considering last year when they were (presumably) working with less Harry Sullivan still got the necessary coat swap needed for (more) accuracy. They could've just planted his head on a Suited body and paint app'd it near what it should be, but instead the coat wrap was swapped onto a compatible body to look close to its appearance in "The Sontaran Experiment"

If they could've gotten Romana 1 more accurate, I agree they would've with the figure we got (or are getting, over here across the Atlantic). If this compromise got us the needed wrap for Benton and Yates (or Romana 2's scarf), then I'll take it. Small price to pay.
The Harry figure was all made from tom baker parts, though, although it was a coat/torso combo we hadn't had before I think the tom torsos would need to be pretty interchangable with each other since they all use the same pool of heads and legs. And since the open collar torso first has otherwise entirely been used with a jacket wrap originally made for the waistcoat and cravat body, it's not much of a surprise that it also supports the overcoat wrap. But mixing and matching pieces from two unrelated figures I can't see that being nearly as straightforward

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

I realise I haven't uploaded my usual photos yet, so here we go:

History of the Daleks 1:

Comparison with previous Dead Planet Daleks (L-R Collectors set 1, SFX, History):

Must say the eye paint used to be more consistently good, lot of bleeds this time around.

History of the Daleks 2:

Comparison of Saucer Commanders/Supreme Controllers/Supremes/whatever they're called (Original SDCC, History):

Drones (SFX, History):

All the DIOE Daleks:

War Games TARDIS:

Troughton comparison (L-R SDCC Tomb, 11 Doctors/TRU Dalek pack, 13 Doctors, Androgum, War Games):

UNIT:

Original release Brig with the new version:

Surprised how much I like the new Brig, definitely an improvement.

Companions of the Fourth Doctor:

New Sarah and SJA Sarah (unfortunately don't have the combats Martha to compare):

Romana 1 and Yaz:

Romana 2 and SJA Sarah:

Some newly completed TARDIS teams!

Friends and Foe of the 13th Doctor:

The trooper has a nice grey/silver wash over the grille on his helmet.

Judoon Trooper with his Captain:

Captain with the rifle:

Old trooper and new trooper:

The fam:

Really happy with these sets, here's to more!

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Great pics!
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Fantastic pictures as always Doctor What, definitely going to have to pick more of these up!

Hope they do more Dalek sets, really need to army build some slatted silver Daleks and... well all of them really :lol: .

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Those are great pictures, DW, I especially like your Troughton lineup, I hadn't realised how much lighter the shirt was this time compared to the original Tomb one, the shirt colour has been different every time, kind of makes me wish I had the whole run of 2s now, looking at that. I'm not sure if I like the new Brig paint apps better than the original version of this figure or not, the OG axos brig was my favourite brig that I had, paint apps wise (I didn't have the daemons one so can't comment on it) and although I think I prefer these new skintones, the sculpt looks quite a bit softer, and the lighter coloured hair and moustasche make him look kind of low contrast to me, idk. He's definitely if not my favourite paint apps then my second favourite.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Thanks for all the pics. Great reference, eh?

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Seeing Romana I in situe I'm amazed at how orange she is compared to the other figures... I never thought of Mary Tamm as being especially tanned, so not sure why she's so noticeably different?

She's a great figure, don't get me wrong but it's odd. She joins Tom Baker and Hartnell in the "figures that have spent too long on the tanning bed" club :D

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

dorkjackson wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 pm
Seeing Romana I in situe I'm amazed at how orange she is compared to the other figures... I never thought of Mary Tamm as being especially tanned, so not sure why she's so noticeably different?

She's a great figure, don't get me wrong but it's odd. She joins Tom Baker and Hartnell in the "figures that have spent too long on the tanning bed" club :D
The Hartnell figure wasn't too orange you just got the 'Fully-dressed-sun-bathing' variant from The Chase!

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Thanks guys :D
dorkjackson wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 pm

It's not really that bad IRL, looks much worse on camera but she definitely does have a different skin tone to the rest, not really sure why.