B&M doctor who sets.

TheOnComingStorm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Or a Jenny figure! I think a 'Friends of the 10th Doctor' set with Jenny, Wilf and Jackson Lake would be lovely.

Jenny: use Abby/Bill body
Wilf: Nick Cutter Body
Jackson Lake: 8th Dr body

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

TheOnComingStorm wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:00 pm
Or a Jenny figure! I think a 'Friends of the 10th Doctor' set with Jenny, Wilf and Jackson Lake would be lovely.

Jenny: use Abby/Bill body
Wilf: Nick Cutter Body
Jackson Lake: 8th Dr body
I mean, technically this IS a great set, and technically in the right thread for something like this, usually....

...but if it's a Lurker response, he asked regarding only rereleases, with a paint app change at most.

But hey, I like your suggestions/ideas, and if it's just that, carry on....

HorneofGondor

Post by HorneofGondor »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:56 pm
Maybe I should clarify.

Im not looking for ideas for new figures folks. The Question was Specifically ... if we were to rerelease any older figures but from new Who that you consider rare or difficult to source for use in the three figure sets what would your choices be? ... also again to clarify Daleks do not go in the three figure sets due to costs .. That includes changes to deco etc but not the figure itself.

I should have been clearer
Thinking about figures to be reissued with no new sculpt/only repaints

Clockwork Robot (In the vein of the purple one reusing one of the two sculpts but painted differently. A Red one would look amazing, especially with the black one's jacket. ooh and a cream coloured one would be nice too!)

Ood (could paint the eyes bright red to show possession thus creating a very slight variant?)

Can't think of any others off the top of my head :)

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Time Lord

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:51 pm
Time Lord
reissue a pack of 4 painted different colours, like Dapol did back in the day

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Yes this. Even if it’s all the same man. If you’re looking at your shelf from a distance you wouldn’t notice

SJF

Post by SJF »

You could always give him different skin tones too just to change things up.

Spannerintheworks

SJF wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:01 pm
You could always give him different skin tones too just to change things up.
Paint apps, hair colour...there's a few different ways they could vary it that would all make the same basic figure very welcome for multiple presentations and consequently purchase.

If the argument arises that "Well, not everyone will buy 3 in one pack no matter the differing colours"; That's fair. So do one of these:

*Army Builder pack (One Time Lord with different coloured robes/features in each pack, and then say, a Series 6 Cyberman and a "Revenge" Cyberman.)
*"Deadly Assassin" pack. (Two Time Lords in differing robes/features, then a third one with a 4th Doctor head painted for Prydonian- Orange - chapter)
* "End of Time" pack (Two Time Lords in unified Chapter colours -Scarlet with Gold Headress- with a not-bloody End of Time Tennant. Lots of possibilities here to get a 10 people have mentioned wanting; Coloured shirt variant, Time Crash body, Aged S3 body with EOT head...)

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

I saw Invasion of Time recently and you could only discern the Time Lords from the differences in their clothes!

Spannerintheworks

Koth2 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:10 pm
I saw Invasion of Time recently and you could only discern the Time Lords from the differences in their clothes!
Come to think of it, Stor was missed out on the Great Sontaran Reissue last year.

So....

Invasion of Time (Stor, and either 2 Time Lords painted differently OR 1 Time Lord painted Different in each pack & a 4th Doctor - "Shada" figure with brownish tan trousers; a hatted head works here too.)