B&M doctor who sets.

skifflebits

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits »

Hey... How rare is this red vest War Doctor with blue-tinted Dalek scientist? Or rather, is it worth spending some import bucks on? So really, how cool is it? :)

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co ... igure-set/

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 am
Hey... How rare is this red vest War Doctor with blue-tinted Dalek scientist? Or rather, is it worth spending some import bucks on? So really, how cool is it? :)

I think its a nice set, I never bothered with the original summer version because the dalek didnt really take my fancy and the hurt was too similar to the one I had, but the red waistcoated one was just that little bit different, he stood out next to the green one, so I got that, the dalek is nice enough in both verions, not a big excitement, but worth having if paired with a figure I also wanted, or at least that's what I decided. Your mileage may vary. The other two sets I thought were better the first time around.

dorkjackson

Post by dorkjackson »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 pm
I'm quite happy waiting a little for the next ones to come, last year was a big spendy, so the longer we wait the more time I have to save up. That said I am excited to find out what we'll be getting this year, the last few years the sets have just gotten better and better, so it's an exciting time
Totally; I just want to know what I've got to look forward to in 2021 even if I don't physically get hold of them for months!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:18 am
skifflebits wrote:

I think its a nice set, I never bothered with the original summer version because the dalek didnt really take my fancy and the hurt was too similar to the one I had, but the red waistcoated one was just that little bit different, he stood out next to the green one, so I got that, the dalek is nice enough in both verions, not a big excitement, but worth having if paired with a figure I also wanted, or at least that's what I decided. Your mileage may vary. The other two sets I thought were better the first time around.
Yeah, it was something I passed on because I'd already picked up the earlier War Doctor set, and now I'm having a little hindsight set-envy. It's not so amazingly different to justify going out of the way for it, but between the red vest, the darker jacket, and the blueish cast of the silver parts of the Daleks, I now find myself tempted to pay a moderately stupid amount of money for it on eBay.

Which I really should not do.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:47 pm
Deborah J wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

Yeah, it was something I passed on because I'd already picked up the earlier War Doctor set, and now I'm having a little hindsight set-envy. It's not so amazingly different to justify going out of the way for it, but between the red vest, the darker jacket, and the blueish cast of the silver parts of the Daleks, I now find myself tempted to pay a moderately stupid amount of money for it on eBay.

The trick is to think of the cost on terms of how many cheesecakes you could buy with it, then justify it as saving yourself from getting fat.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:41 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

The trick is to think of the cost on terms of how many cheesecakes you could buy with it, then justify it as saving yourself from getting fat.
https://youtu.be/9inOtq0Ayek

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:37 pm
Deborah J wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

Straight up the most relatable thing I have ever watched. "Now it's lunchtime so I ate ten cheesecakes and a cheesecake for dessert" is just the most me thing.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:24 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:37 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Straight up the most relatable thing I have ever watched. "Now it's lunchtime so I ate ten cheesecakes and a cheesecake for dessert" is just the most me thing.
Maybe they just knew.

EDIT: Seriously, King Missile's "Cheesecake Truck" is a classic of popular music.

EDIT EDIT: I broke down and bought it when I saw the set was for sale on WhoNA. So at least I'm supporting a cool indie retailer as well as keeping my weight down.

JamieBate

Post by JamieBate »

Caved and paid mega bucks for the season 18 Tom (and less so that silvery K:9). Really is one of the best figures and the face paint is sublime, would love a B&M rerelease though all the same, or even a rerelease of the Traken version

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Maybe they could do an online exclusive or something of the Season 18 4th Doctor but with the hat and socks and shoes, a new variant of the Season 18 4th Doctor, which would make everyone happy. Perhaps do that and a slightly updated Classic TARDIS with non-blocky ended signs and no box under the lamp. That'd be pretty awesome.