B&M doctor who sets.

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

The Outcast wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:27 pm
Maybe they could do an online exclusive or something of the Season 18 4th Doctor but with the hat and socks and shoes, a new variant of the Season 18 4th Doctor, which would make everyone happy. Perhaps do that and a slightly updated Classic TARDIS with non-blocky ended signs and no box under the lamp. That'd be pretty awesome.
Thry could even repaint and include Romana to "State of Decay" wardrobe with not a single change to the current figure.

I kind of expect that to happen if we get Nyssa or Adric (or anything Season 18 - Ainley Master, Tom variants, etc), to balance out cost but still offer something new(ish).

User avatar
The Outcast
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by The Outcast »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 pm
The Outcast wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:27 pm
Maybe they could do an online exclusive or something of the Season 18 4th Doctor but with the hat and socks and shoes, a new variant of the Season 18 4th Doctor, which would make everyone happy. Perhaps do that and a slightly updated Classic TARDIS with non-blocky ended signs and no box under the lamp. That'd be pretty awesome.
Thry could even repaint and include Romana to "State of Decay" wardrobe with not a single change to the current figure.

I kind of expect that to happen if we get Nyssa or Adric (or anything Season 18 - Ainley Master, Tom variants, etc), to balance out cost but still offer something new(ish).
A State of Decay Romana is a good shout. If they did the 4th Doctor I just suggested, along with that Romana and a figure of Adric, it'd make a pretty good Season 18 TARDIS crew set.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits »

The Outcast wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:04 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 pm
The Outcast wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:27 pm
Maybe they could do an online exclusive or something of the Season 18 4th Doctor but with the hat and socks and shoes, a new variant of the Season 18 4th Doctor, which would make everyone happy. Perhaps do that and a slightly updated Classic TARDIS with non-blocky ended signs and no box under the lamp. That'd be pretty awesome.
Thry could even repaint and include Romana to "State of Decay" wardrobe with not a single change to the current figure.

I kind of expect that to happen if we get Nyssa or Adric (or anything Season 18 - Ainley Master, Tom variants, etc), to balance out cost but still offer something new(ish).
A State of Decay Romana is a good shout. If they did the 4th Doctor I just suggested, along with that Romana and a figure of Adric, it'd make a pretty good Season 18 TARDIS crew set.
Yes... but... Adric.

:(
Image

JamieBate
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by JamieBate »

They could do a new seventh Doctor and Tardis. Do a new paint scheme seventh Doctor from Season 24 with thirteen doctors set greener trousers paint job, original less bright white jacket, silver watch chain, tweaked vneck jumper paint, tie/scarf/hanky paint updates and then either hatted head or serious head though I’d prefer a retooled head with hat on serious head. Could even do the tartan scarf. If the budget stretches then give him the question mark umbrella too.

User avatar
CharlieTheWhovian
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

JamieBate wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:07 am
They could do a new seventh Doctor and Tardis. Do a new paint scheme seventh Doctor from Season 24 with thirteen doctors set greener trousers paint job, original less bright white jacket, silver watch chain, tweaked vneck jumper paint, tie/scarf/hanky paint updates and then either hatted head or serious head though I’d prefer a retooled head with hat on serious head. Could even do the tartan scarf. If the budget stretches then give him the question mark umbrella too.
I know its a long shot but maybe there's hope for the duffle coat version seeing as we got Tartan Tom last year. Its one of my favourite outfits and I'd love to have something I could say was from The Curse of Fenric.
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:12 am
JamieBate wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:07 am
They could do a new seventh Doctor and Tardis. Do a new paint scheme seventh Doctor from Season 24 with thirteen doctors set greener trousers paint job, original less bright white jacket, silver watch chain, tweaked vneck jumper paint, tie/scarf/hanky paint updates and then either hatted head or serious head though I’d prefer a retooled head with hat on serious head. Could even do the tartan scarf. If the budget stretches then give him the question mark umbrella too.
I know its a long shot but maybe there's hope for the duffle coat version seeing as we got Tartan Tom last year. Its one of my favourite outfits and I'd love to have something I could say was from The Curse of Fenric.
I have to agree; While there are absolutely Pertwee and Baker (and even McGann & Hartnell!) variations that could be done without new moulds or wraps, McCoy has really been done in most significant manners with the existing heads/figures. Even though you COULD do more variants they're so minor that I'd appreciate a significant variant if I'm to buy the 7th Doctor again. And that duffle coat is absolutely within the newer production we've seen.

I feel the same way about Davison and Troughton too. They deserve a remix if they're gonna be offered again. And on the New Series side Eccleston (fewer options there, admittedly), Capaldi, and Whittaker also.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits »

In that vein, I wish they could do a generic "open waistcoat body" that could be used for a number of Doctor variants.

You could do a "Planet of Fire" fifth, a "Two Doctors" sixth, probably a variant of Tom from Season 17 ("Shada?"), I'm trying to think if there's a Twelve variant as well...

Regardless, it would be a chance to make some variants on five and six, who are two Doctors with very limited costume changes.
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:21 pm
You could do a "Planet of Fire" fifth, a "Two Doctors" sixth, probably a variant of Tom from Season 17 ("Shada?"), I'm trying to think if there's a Twelve variant as well...
"Hell Bent", prior to enjoying some soup.

Although, if we're talking about giving Capaldi a waistcoat I can think of some more immediate variants.... ;)

AndrozaniChap
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by AndrozaniChap »

Suppose it's a waiting game now to see if It's this month or next, We get an announcement for the New B&M Sets for 2021;

Most Stores are now selling off the remaining of Last years sets off at really cheap:


Companions Of Fourth Doctor - £8
Companions of the Third and Fourth Doctor - £8
UNIT 1970 - Claws of Axos - £8
UNIT 1974 - Terror Of The Zygons - £8
Friends and Foe of Thirteenth Doctor - £8
Friends of The Thirteenth Doctor - £8

2nd Doctor and Tardis - £8
5th Doctor and Tardis - £8

All History Of The Daleks Sets (1,2,3,4) are £8

Ace and Dalek - £8
Davros and Doctor - £8

Hopefully everyone is able to grab a bargain while they're still out there.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits »

That's great news. I hope this means the US sets will be getting a discount soon, too.
Image

Post Reply