B&M doctor who sets.

Spannerintheworks

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Spannerintheworks »

I didn't really even TRY to get the vespiform at first.

I bought a couple of the rerelease figures. Some of them, like General Staal, hadn't been single packed. I remember having some awkward bee parts. Thought that was that.

Then, I had two friends that were unloading their collection. Nothing much I wanted.....but they had 4 or 5 additional bee bits. So I took them. Then, I happened into a couple more. My completism got the better of me, and then I ebayed 1 of two remaining parts.

But that was the end of the line. This was 2011 at this point. The line was long out of stores, and the final component (a leg segment) just never came my way. I held onto it for awhile but eventually just gave up. A friend who collected build-a-figs much later implied that (and the K-1) was one he really hadn't the time to track down. Tired of looking at a 92ish% complete figure, I just made him happier.

And sure, we can complain it's a bit mercenary to fleece us twice for the figures to get build-a-fig bits. I'm a bit more sympathetic to what Character did though: They offered two other (better, imo) Build-a-figs straight away (The K-1 & the Cybercontroller). This one was the only reissue based figure, if I recall. And consider it got us a deluxe figure (a la the Reapers/Boe/etc) when those really weren't being offered anymore. Finally the selection reissued were what I'd call "second tier" characters anyway. Many were characters you probably wouldn't have bought "first" (like the Doctor, for example) or were available in a multi figure pack previously.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 am

A bit like Bluray v DVD on the Who releases.....
Not to go off-topic, but have you seen the blu-ray boxes? They're amazing. The HD up-resing is gorgeous and the extras are a labour of love. They're miles from any kind of cynical cash-grab.

I haven't regretted buying one of them, even Season 23. I hate "Trial of a Time Lord," but the box set has a standalone re-edited version of "Vervoids" that cuts out the trial scenes completely, which is fascinating.

Anyway, back to your regularly-scheduled topic...

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

WARNING! .. INSTABILITY IN THE TOPIC THREAD! ......THE SUBJECT HAS GONE OFF TOPIC! .. ALERT! ALERT! ...

COMMAND DALEK!- RELEASE MORE POWER FROM THE NU-TRONIC BOOSTERS ... WE WILL ATTEMPT TO BRING THE TOPIC BACK UNDER CONTROL!

WAIT!!!! ....INCOMING MESSAGE FROM NU-TRINO CONTROL ROOM .. THEY WISH TO KNOW WHY WE ARE ATTEMPTING MATERIALISATION AROUND A HAZELNUT FILLED CHOCOLATE SNACK! ...

INSUBORDINATION!!! - NO ONE MUST QUESTION THE WILL OF THE EMPEROR ... WHEN HE'S ....HUNGRY!..

SUPREME DALEK! ... NEW ORDERS RECIEVED ... SET COORDINATES FOR THE SNICKERS SYSTEM!... MAXIMUM POWER!!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I CAN'T STAND THE CONFUSION IN MY STOMACH!!!

Lurker at the Edge

lol ... neither can I!!!!

EndlessTimelord

Post by EndlessTimelord »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:08 pm
WARNING! .. INSTABILITY IN THE TOPIC THREAD! ......THE SUBJECT HAS GONE OFF TOPIC! .. ALERT! ALERT! ...

COMMAND DALEK!- RELEASE MORE POWER FROM THE NU-TRONIC BOOSTERS ... WE WILL ATTEMPT TO BRING THE TOPIC BACK UNDER CONTROL!

WAIT!!!! ....INCOMING MESSAGE FROM NU-TRINO CONTROL ROOM .. THEY WISH TO KNOW WHY WE ARE ATTEMPTING MATERIALISATION AROUND A HAZELNUT FILLED CHOCOLATE SNACK! ...

INSUBORDINATION!!! - NO ONE MUST QUESTION THE WILL OF THE EMPEROR ... WHEN HE'S ....HUNGRY!..

SUPREME DALEK! ... NEW ORDERS RECIEVED ... SET COORDINATES FOR THE SNICKERS SYSTEM!... MAXIMUM POWER!!!
Is this hinting at an incoming announcement? :D

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Edible Doctor Who figures incoming?

Who wouldn't want a Fendahl-lolly?

Or a Tritovore with edible "chocolate" balls?

AndrozaniChap

Post by AndrozaniChap »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

Lurker at the Edge

We're now not just 'off topic' we've left the shop!

Lurker at the Edge

Snickers! ... aka Marathon
Marathon = Running!
shop could mean Tuck shop! ...
Tuck shop is from a school! ...
So its a school based set with running which leads us to Mawdren Undead ... so its a Mawdren set with Turlough, Old Brig, Mawdren and Nyssa and Tegan with swappable old/young heads! ... DONE!