B&M doctor who sets.

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:34 pm

My friend started going on about that they'd leaked some photos of the B & M sets and I got super excited but it was a good and it was just a bunch of bootleg doctor who toys, like bottom of the barrel garbage, so disappointing. It's life in a nutshell, though, right?
Image

User avatar
Ben C.
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Ben C. » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:34 pm
It's life in a nutshell, though, right?
:lol: - so true!

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:26 pm
SJF wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm
I saw someone suggest that the Eighth Doctor Figure could be based on June Hudson’s costume design for Eight, which included a black coat, a white shirt with a collar like on the NOTD costume, a red waistcoat and grey trousers.

It would definitely work as a variant of his NOTD costume and make sense to a certain degree but I just can’t see all the hullabaloo about these figures being based on Big Finish for them to barely be based on anything from Big Finish at all.
If the Eighth Doctor is some kind of new take i'm expecting one of three things:

1: Prison Jumpsuit - potentially difficult because of moulds etc and some may find it dissapointing but would be cool to have

2: Dark Eyes - Innaccurate to the story and unlikely because of moulds etc but would be lovely

3: New colourscheme NOTD - Would love it personally but doesn't seem like much of a "new take" and as you say isn't really based in Big Finish. I think he gets like a different coloured tie in a Titan comic but that's the closest he's had to an official variant on it, and obviously that's not BF.
I think a Dark Eyes Eight is perfectly possible to make, if perhaps a somewhat innacurate interpretation by using the body of the Primeval Cutter Figure that many other people use for their customs. Obviously it’s been said that CO can’t just kitbash things willynilly, but they managed to put a Brigadier head on an RAF Jack body despite the fact that the pegs are incompatible, and we know they can use parts from Primeval figures because of Bill, so I wouldn’t say that a Dark Eyes Eight is completely impossible, if a bit of a pipe dream.
4B09D699-CE67-4B09-8376-B00C5000F819.jpeg
4B09D699-CE67-4B09-8376-B00C5000F819.jpeg (127.16 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
Image

Koth2
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Koth2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:39 am

Yup. That's what I used. Would be good to officialise it.

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:30 am

SJF wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm
they managed to put a Brigadier head on an RAF Jack body despite the fact that the pegs are incompatible
And yet they weren't able to put a pertwee head on a regenerated tom body, despite the latter being altered from a pertwee figure. It's very annoying sometimes.
Image

User avatar
Merlin
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 am

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Merlin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 pm

I think it’s highly unlikely they’d use the Nick Cutter figure. It’s inaccurate, but not even passably inaccurate, like some figures we’ve had in the past. I mean, the jacket is an entirely different design.
They’d be better off with Kudlak’s jacket, just trimmed. Far better off. Similar to Tomfan’s custom Dark Eyes Doctor.
No forum, no matter how great, can know it’s destiny. It cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. As it will be for the member arriving at the gates of DWT.net. A lad that will, in time, father the legend. His name: Merlin.

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Merlin wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:58 pm
I think it’s highly unlikely they’d use the Nick Cutter figure. It’s inaccurate, but not even passably inaccurate, like some figures we’ve had in the past. I mean, the jacket is an entirely different design.
They’d be better off with Kudlak’s jacket, just trimmed. Far better off. Similar to Tomfan’s custom Dark Eyes Doctor.

I reckon the Kudlak jacket looks even less passable than the Cutter one to be honest. Yes the way the coat buttons up is accurate but it’s got that crazy high collar that looks nothing like the Dark Eyes coat collar and they couldn’t just trim any part of the coat down. Using the Kudlak Figure would get you further away from a Dark Eyes Eight than Cutter would.
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:49 pm

I love that we're arguing over the accuracy of a costume from an audio play.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

User avatar
SJF
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Now don’t get me started on the colour of his trousers
Image

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm

SJF wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 pm
Now don’t get me started on the colour of his trousers
Yellow from laughing so hard?

Sorry, I didn't need to quote your first line because I'm posting this right after, there's just a HUGE BANNER in between messages so I was worried people might get lost.

;)
:D
:lol:
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Post Reply