B&M doctor who sets.

SJF

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 pm
SJF wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:51 pm
I don’t think there’s any chance of a Jamie figure unless a couple of years down the line B&M decide to invest and CO are able to make a few more new parts.

I reckon they could do Zoe though.
I'm trying to think what version of zoe they'd have the parts to make, what would you say is most doable?
They could repaint the first Martha Jones figure to look like Zoe’s sparkly catsuit. It’s not ideal, but it at least gives the suggestion of the catsuit even it doesn’t look remotely like a catsuit. I think there’s enough leeway for that, like how Time Monster Jo has a turtle neck and long sleeves, Hitler Amy has her sleeves rolled up and is wearing a skirt instead of shorts, and the whole thing going on with the Two Doctors Peri.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Krotons Zoe? Jo or Clara base? (I'm using Clara but you need a figure as-is)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:05 pm

SJF wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 pm

They could repaint the first Martha Jones figure to look like Zoe’s sparkly catsuit. It’s not ideal, but it at least gives the suggestion of the catsuit even it doesn’t look remotely like a catsuit. I think there’s enough leeway for that, like how Time Monster Jo has a turtle neck and long sleeves, Hitler Amy has her sleeves rolled up and is wearing a skirt instead of shorts, and the whole thing going on with the Two Doctors Peri.
I hate to be contrary but Amy definitely does wear a skirt in let's kill hitler.

SJF

Post by SJF » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:05 pm
SJF wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 pm

I hate to be contrary but Amy definitely does wear a skirt in let's kill hitler.
Do you know what, I was actually thinking of her Hungry Earth costume as I was dying for them to do that in a B&M set and then they went and did the Let’s Kill Hitler one.

SJF

Post by SJF » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:13 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:03 pm
Krotons Zoe? Jo or Clara base? (I'm using Clara but you need a figure as-is)
To be honest I don’t really see it. I could see them doing a Krotons Zoe with Astrid if they were able to give her a new PVC torso piece.

I did think of a way to do Susan. They could just use Bill for her Aztecs costume. As the straps on Bills top are just the neckline of a t-shirt painted to look like straps, they could just paint the full shirt sculpt and it’d look fine. The shoes would definitely be wrong though but I think the rest might be somewhat passable.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:47 am

So, Jamie.

I say he's more feasible than Zoe. We'd need:

New Head Sculpt + new kilt/wrap piece + Sharaz Jek/Axon body repainted.

Seriously, it'd work. An accurate Zoe requires a new body or serious part- swapping and a headsculpt. And a glittery paintjob is gonna cost extra too. But what we really should pay attention to is....

...who do they have rights to do?

Ian Marter, sadly, wasn't around to discuss in interviews how he'd given likeness rights. So, we'd never have known Harry was a possibility....and didn't.

But we know other people have....or were at least approached. Last I checked, they were:

*Frazier Hines
*Elizabeth Sladen
*Janet Fielding

Do we know any more?

This is important because getting a figure made needs those likenesses cleared. And if that clearance is an extra cost/hurdle, then....that's likely a barrier to any future surprises. But if they already HAVE it....

I feel like a classic Sarah Jane is the safest "next" bet. Especially seeing Al called out that era as a personal favourite. (I mean, the Classic line kinda gave that away anyway; He just confirmed it. ;) )

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:28 am

I'd love a Jamie and two wheel cyberbois pack next year, it would be a must buy for me.

TheUmbrellaMan

Post by TheUmbrellaMan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 am

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't uses existing parts to create a proper TVM 7th Doctor. But it's a new 7th Doctor figure, so I still want it.

Any talk of a release date for them?

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:52 am

TheUmbrellaMan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 am
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't uses existing parts to create a proper TVM 7th Doctor. But it's a new 7th Doctor figure, so I still want it.

The end of August is being thrown around. Al reckons some warehouses may already have them, though? I'm not sure.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

HubertBonisseur

Post by HubertBonisseur » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 am

TheUmbrellaMan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 am

Not quite sure what other figure they could have used to do a 7th doctor.