B&M doctor who sets.

User avatar
Doctor Gamer
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Location: On Earth

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor Gamer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm

I went in to my local today, nothing but a phat stack of the revised bois. Interestingly enough they had the 13th Doctor dolls underneath that. I’m thinking of checking my nearest home store which is about 20 mins away, however I don’t want to drag my parents all that way just for there to be nothing there. What’s the best thing to do? Should I call in advance or just take my chances?
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 1816
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm
I went in to my local today, nothing but a phat stack of the revised bois. Interestingly enough they had the 13th Doctor dolls underneath that. I’m thinking of checking my nearest home store which is about 20 mins away, however I don’t want to drag my parents all that way just for there to be nothing there. What’s the best thing to do? Should I call in advance or just take my chances?
He who dares wins DG.

Or in my case he who dares often loses, but luckily for you you're not me.
Image

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:14 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm
I went in to my local today, nothing but a phat stack of the revised bois. Interestingly enough they had the 13th Doctor dolls underneath that. I’m thinking of checking my nearest home store which is about 20 mins away, however I don’t want to drag my parents all that way just for there to be nothing there. What’s the best thing to do? Should I call in advance or just take my chances?
He who dares wins DG.

Or in my case he who dares often loses, but luckily for you you're not me.
I mean I called the Litchfield store and they were incredibly helpful, so I think calling ahead could be a good idea, but I also check the ones near me personally just because I might as well.
It's your call, chief.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

User avatar
Doctor Gamer
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Location: On Earth

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Doctor Gamer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:20 pm

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:17 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:14 pm
Doctor Gamer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm
I went in to my local today, nothing but a phat stack of the revised bois. Interestingly enough they had the 13th Doctor dolls underneath that. I’m thinking of checking my nearest home store which is about 20 mins away, however I don’t want to drag my parents all that way just for there to be nothing there. What’s the best thing to do? Should I call in advance or just take my chances?
He who dares wins DG.

Or in my case he who dares often loses, but luckily for you you're not me.
I mean I called the Litchfield store and they were incredibly helpful, so I think calling ahead could be a good idea, but I also check the ones near me personally just because I might as well.
It's your call, chief.
Thanks. I’ll probably call. Won’t be until Monday probably. I just reaaaaaaaly don’t want to feed the scalpers if I can’t find any...

Oh and dan, knowing my luck, it’s you and me both brother
Image

User avatar
TheUmbrellaMan
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:42 pm
Location: Avoiding the Neutron Rack.

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheUmbrellaMan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:27 pm
TheUmbrellaMan wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:21 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Thousands might not be enough with clowns like this stockpiling them in such bulk, Gordon Bennett, really shocking behaviour

ECv-AJtXoAAhFHH.jpeg.
Image

Scalpers gonna scale.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I respect your choice of profile pic more than you know.
Much appreciated.

Image

User avatar
Deborah J
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Location: "I live in my house"

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 pm

I still have to wait until monday afternoon, the tension is killing me, it really is.
Image

Koth2
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Koth2 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Ditto Deb. I've never seen scalpers organise in a way they have. Given there are 3 stores near me i'd hope they could have been more helpful or be on the ball to get stock out faster, but no.

User avatar
TheSparrow
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:30 pm
Location: My parent's basement.

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheSparrow » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Koth2 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 pm
Ditto Deb. I've never seen scalpers organise in a way they have. Given there are 3 stores near me i'd hope they could have been more helpful or be on the ball to get stock out faster, but no.
Dude, come on. We shouldn't exactly be bashing b&m staff. I used to work in Home Bargains in the town 20 minutes away from my home and whilst it's definitely not the same as a B&M, it's really difficult to make sure that stock is totally out.

Every single retail store has way more important things to do than put out toys for fan boys (and fan girls, sorry Deb). There's far more going on inside of a retail store than that, you have to think about first aisle, stock rotation, possible stock takes, getting called to tills, plinth changes, stuff that can go on really frequently in some stores on a daily basis and it does kinda annoy me to see people on the forum saying 'I wouldn't expect them to be motivated for a bargains store' and those kinds of things don't really get considered. I'm certainly not trying to start an argument, and I'm sorry to anyone if I've given that opinion x

Anyway! I've seen a few people on GB have gotten the Harry sets, it's good news that they're floating about now.
Last edited by TheSparrow on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:20 am

I gotta agree with Sparrow.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

User avatar
Gek2Win
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:02 pm
Location: The Earth. Sewers, preferably.

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:44 am

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:50 pm
and it does kinda annoy me to see people on the forum saying 'I wouldn't expect them to be motivated for a bargains store' (sorry, Merlin, I'm not trying to call you out, I don't want to start a row with anyone)
Just to correct you, that was me, not Merlin. I don't remember Merlin saying it also, but I could be wrong, but as far as I'm concerned I was the one who said that. I'm sorry for any offence, I didn't not mean to imply anything negative about bargain brand employees. It's probably a bit of projecting; I doubt I'd be motivated to put stock out the day we received it.
Image

Post Reply