B&M doctor who sets.

TheSparrow

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by TheSparrow » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:02 am

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:44 am
TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:50 pm
and it does kinda annoy me to see people on the forum saying 'I wouldn't expect them to be motivated for a bargains store' (sorry, Merlin, I'm not trying to call you out, I don't want to start a row with anyone)
Just to correct you, that was me, not Merlin. I don't remember Merlin saying it also, but I could be wrong, but as far as I'm concerned I was the one who said that. I'm sorry for any offence, I didn't not mean to imply anything negative about bargain brand employees. It's probably a bit of projecting; I doubt I'd be motivated to put stock out the day we received it.
Oh jeez, I'm sorry. I'll edit my original post just because I don't wanna be making Merlin think I'm being mean.
You don't have to be sorry, man. It's totally cool, I was just seeing that on a few different forums and I just wanted to say it, like nobody was in the wrong, it's cool, my dude. But to be fair, when forum members are saying that some staff are being half arsed and simply giving 'no' and nothing else, that totally does happen and that's really annoying.

@everyone is it worth getting my family to check today, or not. What do you reckon?
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 am

I'd say it's worth checking today, they're getting much more widespread now.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:53 am

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Dude, come on. We shouldn't exactly be bashing b&m staff. I used to work in Home Bargains in the town 20 minutes away from my home and whilst it's definitely not the same as a B&M, it's really difficult to make sure that stock is totally out.
Dont get me wrong, i wasn't having a go at the staff. The stores i went to appeared to be understaffed but that was because it was 4.30 and evening staff not there yet.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 am

Paint seems a bit hit and miss on some figures, i'd especially make sure you check for straight eyes and a properly centered symbol on Stike's helmet. I'll do some comparison photos of the figures later.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am

Just managed to get silver nemesis set for £12 as the staff hadn’t changed the price on the shelf and just put those sets in front of the old ones.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am

I really thought I'd see either the new sets or an empty gap on the shelf, but no, I have only last year's sets.
i'm boring now

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 am

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am
I really thought I'd see either the new sets or an empty gap on the shelf, but no, I have only last year's sets.
People seem to he restocking shelves, I guess if I waited around I might have a chance.
i'm boring now

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:08 am

Doctor What wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 am
Paint seems a bit hit and miss on some figures, i'd especially make sure you check for straight eyes and a properly centered symbol on Stike's helmet. I'll do some comparison photos of the figures later.
That doesn't typically bother me, but I'm glad I did check when I got my regen TARDIS. Half the windows weren't painted on most, and the other half were black. The one I picked up had a good balance. I even saw one set where Tom's head was on about a 45 degree angle to his body. I'll be sure to check, but I don't know how much choice I'll have...

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:15 am

And I'm now in a Home Store - still nothing. Oddly, i think this Home Store is smaller than the regular B&M.
i'm boring now

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:34 am

Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 am
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am
People seem to he restocking shelves, I guess if I waited around I might have a chance.
There are currently a load of toys on a pallet in the back somewhere and I should try again by the end of the week.
i'm boring now