B&M doctor who sets.

joe38658

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by joe38658 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:02 am

Went to my local today. They had all 3 of the new 3 packs, Sonic Screwdrivers and 10 Inch 13th Doctor figures. No Daleks or TARDISes.

Had to sadly leave the 3 packs cuz Ive only got enough for TARDIS rn. Got someone checking a near by out of town B&M so if they dont have any there. Ill probably go back tomorrow and get some 3 packs. (Never had scalpers in my town before so hopefully nobody starts now)

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:40 am

Some photos of the 3 packs:

Skin tones have come out a bit exaggerated in these photos, they don't look quite like this.

Sontaran comparisons:

The original releases are definitely more accurate but these are still very good and make for excellent generic Sontarans. I did have to use boiling water to open Styre's hand so he could hold his gun properly.

Harry is a really good figure:

And a comparison with the two Fourth Doctors he borrows from (left is the Destiny release that i've stuck a CoD scarf on, right is the Sontaran Experiment release).

Stike is excellent, although I wish he came with his gun. If they stick around I might pick up another Harry set for army building and give Linx's gun to Stike. Like I said, i've seen some with misaligned helmet markings so watch for that.

A second Doctor comparison (L - R: Tomb, 11 Doctors, 13 Doctors, new)

They've actually completely changed most of the paint apps from the 13 Doctors one, I definitely prefer the greyer shirt from the old release.

The four Peris (Androzani, Attack, Varos, new Two Doctors)

The arms do look very odd but other than that it's a good figure.

Seventh Doctor comparison (left: old, right: new):

And a comparison of the Silver Nemesis Cybermen (old on the left, new on the right)

The black eyes look much better, as does the shinier silver. Overall they're a bit different to the old ones but you could definitely put them together.

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:45 am

Visited 2 stores today. First was Ipswich (I know we were gonna avoid it, because of the Ed Sheeran concert, but we went down early).

I managed to pick up the Seventh & Eighth Doctor/ Dalek Packs.

The only triple pack they had was the 'Silver Nemesis' set. About 20 of them. No TARDII except for the Regeneration Fourth.

Went to Colchester after. No Triple packs (except for the old ones), and no new TARDIS Sets. All they had were the Doctor/ Dalek Packs.

SJF

Post by SJF » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:21 pm

I wonder if they’ve preempted that the Silver Nemesis set will be the worst seller and are trying to get them out before the rest of the sets to try and convince people to pick it up sooner rather than later.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:24 pm

SJF wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:21 pm
I wonder if they’ve preempted that the Silver Nemesis set will be the worst seller and are trying to get them out before the rest of the sets to try and convince people to pick it up sooner rather than later.
I wouldn't be surprised. The other two have new characters, this is just re-releases.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Doctor what, those pictures are great, I'm really glad to get to see such nice pictures, especially the comparisons to the earlier figures, some of which I don't have. I definitely prefer the original sontaran paint apps, but the new ones are still infinitely better than not having the figures at all, and they don't look too bad for it. Just another 25 hours and I can hopefully go get mine, I really hope they're in stock.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 pm

Tbh, I know it's inaccurate, but I prefer the look of the new Lynx. The lighter skin just looks better to me.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Great photos. Thanks for sharing

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:56 pm

Here's my Eighth Doctor with satchel & repainted screwdriver.
Dark Eyes.jpg
Dark Eyes.jpg (46.86 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Dark Eyes - Back.jpg
Dark Eyes - Back.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Last edited by Emperor Omega on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Emperor Omega wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:56 pm
Here's my Eighth Doctor with satchel & repainted screwdriver.

Dark Eyes.jpg
That looks lovely.