Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Gek2Win »

Doctor What wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:59 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:45 pm
Avon wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:13 pm
they even fixed the incline on the roof!
Pardon? Can you show us? That's huge! I suppose not to most people, but it is for me.
I thought that too from looking at it, but actually putting a flat ruler on it there does still appear to be a dip towards the middle. For some reason it just looks less harsh.
Ok.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Emperor Omega wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:47 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 am
it's hard to tell if his body is too big and fat for his teeny tiny head, or if his head is too teeny tiny for his big fat body...
Hold up. Did you just sneak in a 'Treasure Planet' reference? :shock:
Very very well spotted, you win my favourite person of the day award for that one.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:10 pm
Emperor Omega wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:47 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 am
it's hard to tell if his body is too big and fat for his teeny tiny head, or if his head is too teeny tiny for his big fat body...
Hold up. Did you just sneak in a 'Treasure Planet' reference? :shock:
Very very well spotted, you win my favourite person of the day award for that one.
As soon as he pointed it out, I remembered it, but before then, I would never have noticed...
All I will say is, I did note at the time that it was an odd way of putting it, but I took it as a Deborah thing.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Ahh, I see it now! So I'm just going color blind :lol: sorry to get everyone's hope's up, though part of me's now imagining NotD 8 wearing the DWM blue frock coat.. Interestingly (and understandably as it was done before) but the later 8 in the Titan comics has his dark eyes sonic still. Shame about the roof.., must just be a dodgy one on my Time Monster one making it seem even more dipped, it's almost like whoever did the measurements initially had them off by a few millimeters as it should be the reverse from memory for the Brachacki

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

If anyone wants to know everything wrong with the classic TARDIS sculpt, visit PB builds' YouTube channel. He sculpted the original prototype that the current mould is based on, and has quite a long video about everything they changed to make it useable as multiple TARDII, including the inaccuracies that arose. Some of these, however, were genuine mistakes, including the incline getting reversed and the scale of the whole sculpt being shrunk by roughly 20%, meaning that it is in 1/14 scale instead of 1/13. Very interesting.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Avon wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:18 pm
Ahh, I see it now! So I'm just going color blind :lol: sorry to get everyone's hope's up, though part of me's now imagining NotD 8 wearing the DWM blue frock coat.. Interestingly (and understandably as it was done before) but the later 8 in the Titan comics has his dark eyes sonic still. Shame about the roof.., must just be a dodgy one on my Time Monster one making it seem even more dipped, it's almost like whoever did the measurements initially had them off by a few millimeters as it should be the reverse from memory for the Brachacki
I think the Titan Comics are supposed to come earlier chronologically anyway. Eight’s Blue frock Coat actually made a reappearance recently in the new Lucie Miller box set. Basically it was TV Movie picture with the coat turned blue and an older Dark Eyes face edited over the young TV Movie Eight.

Avon

Post by Avon »

SJF wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:03 pm
I think the Titan Comics are supposed to come earlier chronologically anyway. Eight’s Blue frock Coat actually made a reappearance recently in the new Lucie Miller box set. Basically it was TV Movie picture with the coat turned blue and an older Dark Eyes face edited over the young TV Movie Eight.
That sounds brilliant! I loved that coat in DWM, really glad it's had an outing more recently in BF (dare I say, I want a re-release of the green first but perhaps a B&M variant someday?).

And I'll have to check that channel out.., I'm well aware the TARDII aren't entirely accurate but they hit all the right notes for me.., be interesting to hear his thoughts though. Aren't I an idiot, I just did some digging and the Newbery has always had magenta and yellow windows since Masque, it's just the lighting that makes it look grey sometimes, Hoth Han Solo style. Crazy..., I always thought they were grey

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

SJF wrote:
Avon wrote:
I've looked at that cover so many times and never noticed that the coat looks blue! Awesome of them to bring that back, is it mentioned in any of the stories?

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

Are the 7th Doctor heads still removable? The one on my TV movie 7 has a bad mark on it, but my Silver Nemesis Set one is good

TW.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Doctor What wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:31 pm
SJF wrote:
Avon wrote:
I've looked at that cover so many times and never noticed that the coat looks blue! Awesome of them to bring that back, is it mentioned in any of the stories?
I don’t think so, I’m guessing it was probably an aesthetic choice by Will Brooks more than anything that came from BF.