B&M doctor who sets.

DalekCheese

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:19 pm
I think the mud's alright, possibly excessive in places but overall alright. Obviously you could get a better result hand painting but that's true of basically anything mass produced. For mass produced figures the CO ones are certainly much better detailed than a lot of other figures at a similar price range.
True.

Actually, (test first) GW zandri dust mixed with a dot of black?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

I think you did a grand job on his coat! I mean, I can understand as I have a similar thing with regeneration figures, if your displaying by story they're essential but they always seemed a bit, useless, exactly why I dismantled my regen Tom, and especially for those that don't have a later 5. And as DW said, directed precise weathering's very difficult on a mass production scale, unfortunately it's the reason why we'd never see a Troughton TARDIS/early Pertwee - but it's close enough for me:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdsC2_wUIAICYvR.jpg

Minus the blood for a few reasons. It's interesting, as the mud on the TARDIS doesn't bother me at all, but I can certainly understand and definitely a hundred percent respect why people would take the opposite view.. it's interesting.., if they made Colin's or Hartnell's with snow, I'd be against it and would remove it, but sand's as easily passable mentally to me as mud and gravel. I would happen to guess that's it's an effort on Al's behalf to make valid variants where possible, i.e. if and when they make McCoy's and Colin's, they're pretty identical, so getting something a bit different out is a nice tactic both to actually seem like your not just buying the same thing over and over, and to give each one a bit of character lined up.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:29 pm

I'd have less issue with the mud on the tardis if it didn't have such a hard edge, it's like they masked of an area then sprayed it, it gets fainter going up but stops abruptly along an invisible line, which makes it look just a bit artificial. Otherwise I quite like it.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:04 pm

News from Vworp, new sets, in January!!! And very different
https://twitter.com/TrapOne_/status/1170693687485112324

"Here we go again..."

Check out Trap One's coverage, some interesting stuff, tragic about the yeti

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Exciting, but also bad. Good: more new sculpts. Bad: my wallet is going to make sad noises.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Well if it's anything like this year, the 13th Doctor figure came out in January (or late December) and the B&M TARDIS came out in March. Companions + TARDIS in January?
i'm boring now

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:01 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:55 pm
Well if it's anything like this year, the 13th Doctor figure came out in January (or late December) and the B&M TARDIS came out in March. Companions + TARDIS in January?
And more money... I see what you're thinking. Retailer interest?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:01 pm
idontremembermylogin wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:55 pm
And more money... I see what you're thinking. Retailer interest?
If they released in November/ early December, then you get Xmas?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Yes, but then the actual series is not for another month or two.

joe38658

Post by joe38658 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Im really surprised by a January wave, We're getting closer to how things used to be before the 3.75 range.

I cant see them doing 3 more Big Finish sets without them being re-releases of other figures with Big Finish slapped on them but with the return of 5 inch Daleks for the first time since like 2014, I dont think theyd drop them so soon, so im going to guess Dalek Collectors Set 3